How to not do eSports

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1

If Battleborn has tournaments…Don’t do them like this, gbx: http://esports.garena.ph/newsArticle.php?contentid=00000600&cat=NEWS&subcat=LEAGUE+OF+LEGENDS

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #2

WHAT THE HELL…

there are arguments and concerns from other participants who disputes that Lesbian, Gay, Transgendered Women members may probably have some unfair advantage
Like what?!

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #3

I know. It gets worse the more you think about it. What specific advantages? What other superpowers do gay women have? Are they going to ask for proof of sexual preferences? Could a team have two bi women on it? What the actual ■■■■■■■ ■■■■?

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #4

I’m pretty sure they don’t want the Trans women turning into cars/jets and stuff.

And gay used to mean happy, and being happy is an important part of a healthy life, and having an unfair health advantage ruins competition.

Why they don’t hold men to these rules is just good’ol’fashion sexism though. The rest is perfectly logical.

(Lucy Daniels) #5

As a bisexual woman, I’d like to confirm that I am only 50% better at video games than straight chicks because I married a woman, but lesbians still kick my ass because I’ve dated some guys too.

Yeaaaaahh… this is the stupidest thing I’ve read in a long time.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #6

Okay, done some digging, this seems to be about the alleged superior reactions of transgender women, given their time as physiological males, which allegedly can give a faster response/reaction time in comparison to women. (the difference in men by birth compared to women by birth seems very slight, indeed, 40ns max, and there’s no research that this continues into any reassigned gender, that I’m aware of))

even if this is ‘true’, the organisers don’t seem able to get their heads around the fact that sexual orientation is not the same as gender, whether ‘original’ or otherwise.

Utter madness.

(A sentry on guard) #7

This is besides the point, but the article mentions gay and lesbian women, isn’t that redundant?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #8

Totally. It comes across as very confused on the whole issue.

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #9

Wait 40ns?

Isn’t that 0.000000040s? I can’t see they even tested that let alone how it would affect the game, surely imput lag is greater than that.

And how f*ck do lesbians fit in?

(A sentry on guard) #10

The whole article comes off as really unnecessary/confusing. Sexual orientation plays no role in how someone plays a video game, that’s like saying I’m going to have a more successful life because I’m tall. (Btw, I am avg height.)

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #11

I am now going to bed, because I keep proving the above statement, and now my head hurts.

(A sentry on guard) #12

Goodnight I suppose? I’m guessing you’ll be back on later.

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #13

Any team who has violated the above provision, regardless if intentional or otherwise, whether discovered during the day of the event or some time after, will have all their team members (the female members as well as the Lesbian, Gay, Transgendered women member) sanctioned with a 1-year ban on all Garena-organized events, including subsequent Iron Solari Tournament.

Breaking news, lesbians, gays and Transgendered Women are seperate from females…???

This boggles my mind. I have no idea how this rule was thought to be a good idea.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #14

http://esports.garena.ph/newsArticle.php?contentid=00000604

Sanity prevails. Weird Gender/sexuality restrictions reversed!

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #15

Excellent.

Our original intent when we put together this tournament was to promote diversity in the competitive gaming community
By restricting the number of diverse players on a team? At least they have learnt their lesson.

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #16

Yay!

Next step: who do we ban from BattleBorn? Personally I think people who’s name starts with “b”.

Because Battkeborn also starts with “B”, that’s 2 "b"s. B.B is the brides daughter’s name in Kill Bill and her mum is really skilled, we can’t have those kinds of unfairness in our eSport.

But honestly we should stop laughing at that website, it was ridiculous yes, But they learned their lesson and progress will never get anywhere if we belittle and laugh at people who have indeed apologised and seen the error of their ways.