How to play Isic on every mode

So I’m not the best Battleborn player by any means. But I love the game so I try. And right now I’m trying to learn Isic. Challenging but rewarding when you get them ultimate kills. One of my problems is getting him to level 5 though. What’s the community’s ideas on how to play/gear this walking tank in the different game modes?

PS. I’m looking for teammates on PS4.

2 Likes

I have turned into kinda an isic main over the last few months so I can offer some advice.

First and foremost, I do not think it’s best to play ISIC in every mode. The only maps I will even consider picking him is monuments (where he is god tier because of cheese) and Echelon (but Toby or Marquis would be a better ranged option here imo)

I don’t see the point of picking a sniper tank in capture or Faceoff. Those are pretty melee heavy modes and more like tdm and isic doesn’t have many options to deal with a rath dragon phoebe or Attikus rushing him.

As for leveling, you need to be focusing minions above everything. Your first priority should be the Shepard bot as soon as it comes into view. Your teammates will probably get to lvl 5 before you, but after that you should easily be able to outlevel and outdamage them.

For gear I recommend skill damage and regen. Skill damage affects your overcharge shots and regen lets your healer focus on the frontline more. Another good option would be shield strength or shield recharge delay.

Anyway, there’s my two cents.

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting. So you run attack speed and skill damage. What are your thoughts on the following loadout for incursion: pain-2-gain reknitter, blissbeast skull plate and executive insurance policy. I buy EIP and then I can afford everything else.

Triple orange is a way late game kind of building, but replace one of them with a shard gen and you’ll fit what a lot of players do

2 Likes

The beauty of EIP is that it is a shard generator. Which is why I buy it first. With that in mind, is that loadout semi worth it? Synergy and what not.

2 Likes

Copy what @loving-hatred said: 3 legs risk turning you into a shard wh*re (cough-cough … what? who? me?!) meaning wrong focus + you rob your own team of shards for the others = annoyance.

2 Likes

I run the epic shard gen shield in the majority of my loadouts so I know the impact it has, but the time it takes to get it up is still a HUGE drawback

2 Likes

These days, ikr … blushing

2 Likes

Only ever use gear that has attack damage and skill damage with health or something else that gives you more damage as a secondary. His Cannon is double scaling and benefits off both attack and skill damage. ISIC is a sniper and you want to build him for damage as his sustainability is already pretty good. Don’t ever use anything for gear that is not damage on ISIC.

As for leveling and play style, play him as a sniper and focus minions first. He works for both meltdown and incursion on all maps. Maybe a little bit weaker on coldsnap but the rest he’s better at.

2 Likes

I agree with everything @blainebrossart1 has said, but would add that you should be VERY careful about when you activate Omega Strike. If there is a sniper on the other team, or you use it in the middle of a fray, you open yourself up for an easy death without good situational awareness. Be conscious of the enemy comp and what CC they have, and try to only use it defensively while at a safe distance (at long range, using just the smaller guns will improve accuracy, by removing the cannon’s recoil), and only use it for a push when your team is backing you.

Yep, Faceoff is Toby’s worst mode as well, and he is essentially ISIC with a kit more focused on lane clear than defense. Toby is a really good pick in Capture though, with stun mines, boosters and the Starting Line helix (30% movement speed) on his forcefield.

Why must i include Toby in everything? I have a problem…

1 Like

Ok so skill damage. Gotcha. Also ditto on ultimate awareness. It sucks to get stunned out if it. Our focus fired. ):

1 Like