How to splitscreen, 1 account?

How can I spilt screen with my level 70 characters? It gives me the option to add guest but cant pick a 70 character for the 2nd controller. It also says nothing will save for the 2nd slot…

You can only do split screen using separate profiles for each player slot. There is no legitimate way to take one of your saves and transfer it to a different profile. The only thing you can do if you want to save progress is create a second XBL account, start a new character, and power level that one with your primary account. The good news is that you can make that secondary account a “family member” on the XB1, so you don’t have to purchase XBL Gold twice over.

ok, ty. pretty strange though if you wanna call a friend over who doesn’t have an xbox and handsome collection. if you could then you could play one of your characters and he could play another of yours both at the same level.

It’s the way the XB1 system works, unfortunately. If you have a friend who has an XB1 but not the HC, however, there is a way to share your game with them, which is kinda neat. (Would have to look up the details on the MS site, but I know at least one person who does this.) And it doesn’t hurt to have a secondary account that guests can use.