How Was Everyone's Weekend Of Kid Ultra & Chaos Rumble?

I want to truly thank everyone who takes time to chat and arrange games and post kawaii (looking at you @Tenebeat @Deande drawings of Battleborn in the Forum Folks PSN chat I created last weekend!

It’s become quite lively, silly and funny!

2 Likes

I managed to get him mastered and then stopped playing him because of how ridiculously broken he can be. Forget triple bouncing bola stuns, take the damage buff and the 4 drones helix. You deal 300 damage on the bola hit (each bounce), and do 400+ damage in bleed. 200 damage per primary shot. The stun is enough time to zero most of the cast if you use the vortex shot to get more off.

3 Likes

@beta382

That Kid Ultra level 9 right Helix stun is quite annoying and a big momentum killer.

ESPECIALLY with multiple Kids, as was usually the case this weekend.

I’ll have to try that combo you mentioned, sounds crazy!

Yeah that quote got old really quick, I’m so sick of hearing that every 2 seconds.

1 Like

@codarik @dantesolar

Yeah, they REALLY need to bring back all the different ultimate callouts for the characters.

Especially since for all the other characters we got to hear them all before the change, and we’ll never get to hear what other awesome ones they had for Kid Ultra, who has awesome dialogue!

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/practice-vs-theory-kid-ultra/1549379

Here you go. Still up in the air about the math but check the comments for a clearer picture.

As to what I did this weekend… I played the Dark Souls 3 DLC and didn’t touch Battleborn much. Kid Ultra is nice and all but I can dual wield scythes now in DS3. How can you say no to that?

1 Like

@blainebrossart1

Have the DkS3 DLC downloaded but haven’t played it yet.

Almost Platinum’d DkS3 back in April / early May before Battleborn but was sadly underwhelmed with it compared to the previous titles, Demon’s Souls, and BloodBorne.

Also need to start TITANSFALL 2 and I may also buy Battlefield.

True, it was lacking compared to the others. I still enjoyed it but not as much as the others.

The DLC was short but the weapons you get are amazing.

And right now I’m waiting for Dishonored 2 so I’ve got my plate full.

1 Like

I can so no to dark souls all day everyday I assure you

1 Like

@skeksis_SYL

Keep an open mind!

You’re missing out on a brilliant series!

1 Like

But dual wielding sycthes.

1 Like

@blainebrossart1

Pendles.

Tbh I am not In love with KU yet. Haven’t played him much but he feels a little boring to me. Need more matches to understand him a bit better

1 Like

Dual wielding KAMAS

2 Likes

@skeksis_SYL

As I mentioned in another thread, he reminds me of Alani on steroids.

That’s cool! No doubt!

Dark souls? No thank you sir

1 Like

Look at this though

It’s majestic. Pendles can’t even compare with his Kamas.

2 Likes

@blainebrossart1

I know.

Dark Souls weaponry is beautiful and glorious!

1 Like

Too bad the armor in the DLC was lackluster in comparison.

1 Like

Played KU until rank 7 then got a bit bored of him, to be honest. Attacker-healer hybrid just isn’t my type, didn’t play much of Alani for the same reason.

DID play an absolute crapton of Ernest, however, got all his lore challenges done and pushed him to rank 13, not far away from mastered. Definitely my new main.

Played a few rounds with friends, including one against @Gulfwulf in which my teammates ruthlessly stomped his team (despite my pleas to go easy on them =D). Also got one of my IRL friends who’s about CR25 or so to come play some pubs with me, ruthlessly carried him to a couple of victories and a number of major ass-kickings.

Liked the new thing where you don’t vote on maps, meant that I finally got some good games of Meltdown and Capture in. Matchmaking in general was pretty great, never longer than five minutes or so.

Oh, and I gave someone a Worthy of Song match - on the house. Two DCs in the first 5 minutes, so me and my friend both took Montana out and just taunt spammed until we got killed. He ended up with roughly 29 kills to 3 deaths.

4 Likes