Huge shame Gearbox made 1bil guns And one tiny vault!

Hey guys, ime loveing the game just as much as the last but does anybody else think it’s a massive shame that Gearbox put so much hard work into designing so many different cool unique guns, Red tex weapons and other loot and we just don’t have the vault space to store it.
Ide love to be abel to store one of each red tex mission reward and legendery in the game and also think I could have some space left over for DLC guns to come.

4 Likes

I guess it boils down to your playing style and what gear you like and use .Collect that and sell the rest. Or… are “mules” viable here, as the vault is shared among characters?

1 Like

I agree but as its nearly 2020 dude should we still be useing mules.
All ide like is to be abel to collect lvl 50 guns and gear on TVHM and stash the good stuff.
Gearbox designd all this loot and it lives in the vendor trash!

I was having the same issue. To tell you the truth, I was wanting to keep all these cool guns to use when i hit that level and legendarys and stuff. But there is really no need as you keep finding better guns that suit your build. Use them quickly and sell the ones you don’t think you’ll mainly use. I just have my main 4 that I use and a few different ones in my backpack which i can swap to if need be.
Don’t be affraid when selling legendarys as you get tons of them throughout playing.
Basically I have that many legendarys right now that i dont even look at any other colour other than purple (epic)

1 Like

Vault Size doesn’t matter when your stored items are disappearing…

I like keeping uniques around too, at least until I give them a try with the character they’re good on, and I’ve read the wiki on what it does in case I’m missing something. And there’s a ****load of them, definitely would appreciate a larger stash.

2 Likes

I guess it is annoying, but really…there isnt much point in keeping everything

I personally only store mods for characters I haven’t used yet and mods for different builds for my first character Zane Clone-ader build. You get better guns/gear as you play.
Big Tip; DO NOT USE Lower lever blue/purple/even gold guns for to long when you have higher lvl guns of lower rarity. Sooner rather then later, your fav golden gun will be useless.

… Which bring me to shared stash/bank/vault.
When I first read about that I thought it’ll be a nice thing. Not the only thing…!
I’m aware they want us to loot&trash gears/guns but it’s on the verge of being ridiculous. They took so much from Diablo. well, My shared chest on Diablo can hold up to 350(?) items. I understand it’s different but come on.

2 Likes

Didn’t even understand the bank in bl2 either.
The game is about collecting guns, why put any limits on it? It doesn’t even prevent anything, since the game is co-op PvE so there’s no reason to be afraid of any one player having too many guns.

3 Likes

I agree with you, mules should not be an option at all. The gear storage vault and character backpacks should be way bigger . Should have a way to increase gear storage and backpack storage similar to what they did in BL1 after you played through normal and went to TVHM so that you had a backpack of 72 SDUs. Gear storage did not happen till Moxxi’s Underdome DLC. and that was comparable to your backpack.

3 Likes

Considering how small the banks were in 2 and TPS… don’t even remember there being one in the original game. I think this bank is a lot larger than the past games. Sure you can customize them now and make them special but it’s a loot and shoot. This ain’t Destiny where you need to store every half decent gun you find. You’ll be tripping over better guns later on anyways.

The original game had the largest bank in Moxie’s Underdome. Off the top of my head I want to say you could hold 39 - 42 items per character in the bank so long as you unlocked the slots with cash. Combined with a perfect runs through all the playthroughs (meaning you got sdu from Claptrap rescues which aren’t guaranteed after playthrough 1) you could theoretically have 70 slots in your backpack also.

Borderlands 2 capped it to like 63 per character (backpack and bank) with 4 shared between the bunch of them.

1 Like

This very issue becomes an even bigger PITA when you max more than one character and face the hardships of mayhem mode in general. Mayhem mode at its core seems to completely counteract this not being able to store a lot nonsense. Really don’t want to have to resort to muling my alt profile on xbox and mailing him items just to be able to store things :frowning:

1 Like

Yer a shared stash so small makes no sense on a game like this. Hopefuly theu up it!!

2 Likes

Dude this is now the smallest bank vault this game has ever seen due to the bank being a shared bank space between all your charictors. I agree this ain’t destiny and Ime well awaer whats a good gun to trash. But be nice to be abel to keep different modz or different varients of weapons.

1 Like

All those guns is nice, BUT, why is the backpack to hold them so dam expensive to get, or, for that matter, all the ammo packs is also so expensive.

1 Like

In time money won’t be an issue.
In the meantime it kinda force people to play smart with their ammo.