HUGE Suggestion to every new or old player alike

I have noticed that people are “Rage Quitting” when paired in matches that are obvious within the first 30 seconds of play that they are clearly outmatched. Guys remember that you are playing this game to PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO Gearbox so they can fix bugs and things balanced to a point where they can proceed to Alpha, Beta then Release to Public stages. By raging out of the game gets you nothing nor does it help ascertain skills like Codebreaker and Vampiric Thirst which takes time to activate. Also, by leaving early, bugs may not get discovered as often because it may take time for games to crash or become OBVIOUS! Please, play the game not only to win but to help the developers out! They are expecting all the help they can get to provide a more polished product and WE earned the right to be part of this CTT!

8 Likes

This is such a good point. The game is in development stage, and there are a lot of questions still up in the air. Its so much more beneficial to Gearbox AND yourself if you tough it out till the end. You might catch on to a combo you’re opponent is using, and then stomp the next guy using it. Also, you can usually find people in the chat room that are SUPER HELPFUL, and have lots of insight to what is good right now, and how to counter certain “OP” things.

1 Like

To play devils advocate, rage quitting is in need of testing as well. Sometimes you can get odd glitches while leaving games in certain scenarios or getting lag and this is/plug pulling is one way to test that stuff out. As ranked is really not meaning much right now, it is the perfect time for trying to break the systems in any way for additional data without messing too much up.

Unless GearBox really doesn’t want us testing THAT hard yet, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

While Denair is not wrong, hitting ragequit crash events is going to be difficult even if you’re trying. Big multiplayer titles that have been out for a couple of years still hit them (ahem Payday 2 [yeah, I know, different everything, but bear with me]) It’s going to be much better to stick with the advice of Valdestot, and figure out why you’re getting murked so hard instead of just leaving. It will make released gameplay much better.

Besides, It’s not like your friends and followers can see your K/D right now anyways; it’s a closed test.

Great point, and honestly it’s a bad habit regardless. I think it has less to do with poor matchmaking than with the players though. I’ve had some matches with new players where we goofed off together, and some perfectly reasonable MMR matches where the opponent just got too angry to stick around. Good sportsmanship isn’t just good for testing, it helps with enjoying the game as well. Not a lot of fun to be furious after all.

1 Like

Yes, the rage quit testing should indeed be kept to private games with friends that are focused on testing that area (use the official discord to find some helpers if your buddies didn’t get in yet).

As already said, if upset, try to use the time left in the match to try new things, test how certain actions and reactions work, learn the map layout and health timers, etc.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly. This is for information gathering not just for bugs, but also for a players perspective on the games mechanics and how they may or may not function well.

1 Like

To play devil’s advocate, in the finished game, there are going to be players that leave matches early. The game’s response to a player quitting early, however unsavory, is a feature that should be subject to testing.

Still, I agree – we should all curb our urge to rage quit, as I think the devs will get more useful player feedback and telemetry if we all play full matches as often as possible. There will be enough non-ragequit situations (such as having to leave for an emergency) to see what happens when a match is terminated early.

In the same spirit, I try to use both the Arena and Ranked modes, pick a variety of weapon and skill cards, and change up my playstyle as often as I can stand, in an attempt to test the game in its entirety. Granted, a lot of the rigorous poking around for edge cases will be handled by in-house QA, but every little bit helps.

I think it’s also worth mentioning the spirit of reciprocity, here. You’re getting a crack at a product that cost money to produce, that will someday have a price tag on it. Besides the free ride, in a game like this, you also end up with an unfair advantage over day-one retail players. So while testing games can be fun, I think it’s right to return the favor, and take the time to play the game at each iteration, even if it’s so frustrating you feel like quitting.

As a bonus, here’s a picture of me rage quitting:

rage

2 Likes