Hunt for the Burning Summit (SOLVED!)

Thank you so much!
your a true legend of the Borderlands!

1 Like

(Tyreen has her spell check turned off it seems.)

2 Likes

Wow! Mind = blown. Thanks man I can’t wait to get this!

Just make sure you hit that button enough times Superfan.

3 Likes

Had the same thing happen as well 1 in the mail and 1 was in my inventory at least they had different anointments

1 Like

Wow, thanks man! I’m not sure we would have ever stumbled into that naturally.

1 Like

Which probably means that there are multiple conditions that can trigger it - killing yourself 20 times there is not something lots of people would do ‘organically’.

May be it keeps stats at account level, then there is a chance to get it for someone with many characters.

1 Like

If you have this mission active, everytime you load the map there will be a CoV using that machine. So you can watch him dying 20 times while farming Unstoppable and still get the mail.
Also I was told that anything that dies due to machine counts, so you can use Clone for example.

4 Likes

Awesome. Did it on the PS4 and it was easy–really glad it reactivates without having to save/quit–on console that probably saved 30 minutes. I too got one in my backpack and one in the mail–different anointments.

I do still wonder if there are multiple ways to get it–only b/c on Killer6’s video covering rare BL3 items, he said he got this and had no idea how–you’d think if you went into a booth and killed yourself 20 times you’d remember doing that and getting a reward.

2 Likes

If you keep the mission active the psycho NPC who runs in and kills himself will count toward the 20 activations. So if you go to that area in Ambermire 20 times you can get the mail without realizing what happened

4 Likes

I jus t got one with the previously described method. Not much of a nade, just blows up immediately to down me into ffyl… maybe theres a way around that, i play moZe

I think this grenade is not fit to use with direct throw as it literally explodes in yours hands.
Your best bet with Moze would be getting one with Iron bear grenade throw on hit anoint.

With Fl4k peregrine the grenade still sets you on fire as long as they hit an enemy even if you a re very far but the dot does not hurt that much so I am toying with elemental projector. It is very gimmicky but something to have fun with if you like unusual builds

2 Likes

So, Tyreen gives you a grenade that kills yourself, as a reward for repeatedly killing yourself. Makes sense.
Guess it’d be good for throwing while in FFYL, with Moze’s To The Last skill, probably.
Has anyone tested Zane’s clone/drone grenade skills to see if they do the same as peregrine. Could make it a go-to choice for Zane builds that don’t throw grenades, maybe? Seems like there must be some good for it.

It might be only an easter egg type of grenade mod. 1G (mentioned in the red text) is a streamer, who lost a CS:GO round by accidentaly setting himself on fire with a molotov cocktail and eventually dying. That explains the molotov cocktail(ish) picture on the item card and the immediate blow.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting mechanic… how might I use that? :thinking:

1 Like

elemental projector, it s like having Amara driver lol I f you are feeling extra reckless you could add a fire tango foxtrot to the mix :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe if u can find a low lv one it would be perfect for self ignite if the DOT scales down with level

1 Like

So I confirm that Burning Summit ignites you every time it hits a target no matter if you are using indirect throws (Fl4k perigrine, Zane drone, also duct tape mod does not protect you). I think I will go full Kamikaze on this one just to celebrate the Bane Flynt skin: pain is power, burning summit, fire whisky tango, elemental projector

3 Likes

I have a theory. What if they boosted self ignite weapons in the latest hotfix because with the first Card we actually get a 100% Fire resistance shield?

3 Likes

As a master of the foxtrot, I’m totally in…

… I am trying to figure out a way to make a character (FL4K specifically) hugely resistant to fire. This grenade is cute, and I love the Elemental Projector relic, but the many CoV ARs that are hard-coded to fire, with the specific mechanic of lighting me on fire with use, hit me harder than I’ve been able to account for. Is FL4K more resistant to fire (and softer to corrosive) by default the way Claptrap was in TPS? Anyone figure out how to insulate characters properly against fire (the way the Red Suit and Transformer handle radiation and shock)?