HWRM: Ships start in defensive/aggressive tactics

I’ve noticed something in the HW1RM campaign when fighting the Turanic Raiders in Mission 4. Once they manage to kill one enemy ship, they stop moving, probably on passive tactics for some reason.

Also, whenever you start up a campaign mission, your ships are always in passive stance, so you keep having to reassign them to defensive or aggressive stance.

Is there a way to set it up so the default stance is defensive or aggressive? That would be very handy.

In the base game, no. However, it can be done simply, but it requires modding the .ship files of any and all ships that needs adjustment.

These are the specific lines that determine what you have explained:

NewShipType.defaultROE="Defensive"
NewShipType.defaultStance=“Aggressive”

Every ship has a predetermined starting Rules of Engagement and Stance, so every ship that is built and every new campaign mission that is started will result in ships reflecting them.

Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who has noticed this. Hoped this helped!

Hmm ok. Do what he told you and it should work.
But do you know how to extract the ship files anyway?

I’m afraid they’re already set to Offensive and Aggressive as defaults. Unfortunately, for some reason, they just don’t want to shoot at anything after they take out a frigate.

Must be some screwup with the mission’s triggers, but I’d have no idea how to fix that.

It will be the sob group set stance functions in the mission’s lua file, I think.

Unfortunately there’s no such file used in the LUA for Mission 4. Maybe it’s some other bug.