I Am Disturbed. Very

Why, pray tell, does Montana’s head stick out to the left when dashing!?! Are we not the character? Have we secretly been a camera following them this whole time? This isn’t a first person shooter any more, it’s an action movie from a confusing angle!

13 Likes

Calm down, it’s just the animation, would be confusing turning to the left all of a sudden

2 Likes

It’s so odd though! Every other animation doesn’t do this. I’ve yet to see this in any game as well

2 Likes

When activating Catalytic Smash the camera switches to third person and you can stay in this animation indefinitely if you wanted to.

1 Like

See, that’s okay. Same with Dreadwind and stuns. This doesn’t switch to third person. But his head moves to the side and you see it and you’re not it. It was jarringly unimmersing

3 Likes

I don’t really see a problem, plus it makes the impact feel really cool

1 Like

Oh, it’s not a problem, just very unexpected

2 Likes

Reads the thread title, and nothing else.

Me too! Want to be mentally unstable “besties”?

14 Likes

To me it seems like every FP game isn’t really FP, or maybe FP lite if that makes sense. More like a Camera placed on the face. Because if you were really seeing from a characters pov, their eyes, we’d see things like hair in the eyes, glasses on the nose, Armor our blocking vision etc. I’m probably over thinking it though

2 Likes

See, that’s the thing. One of the talking points of this game when it first came out was how you could look down and see your robes flapping, or your horns filled your vision, or Kelvin cluttered your screen but looks awesome, etc. If it was any other game, it wouldn’t mean as much.

2 Likes

Well speaking of Kelvin, the camera FP view isn’t in his eyes, it’s in his mouth therefore you (the player) are the heart so that’s something to think about.

5 Likes

Toby’s HUD

3 Likes

Is beautiful

1 Like

Mentioning the horns, Attikus’ first person view is from the perspective of somewhere in his throat.

“Toby’s HUD.”

Starts pulling gloves off.

@epicender584: “is beautiful.”

Nods and puts gloves back on. Nice save.

4 Likes

Yeah, they did some odd things with first person. I guess he secretly has mouth eyes?

This has always bothered me. Seeing his face on the left always disgusts me in a way, for some reason.

Also, on the subject of confusion perspectives, there’s Attikus. You see the bottom of his horns at the top of the screen, but his eyes are above his horns. Just… what?

1 Like

beatrix was looking at his unconcious body when she was installing the robot arm and was like “remember that teddy bear I had 65 years ago? the one where i removed his eyes and put them inside his mouth? seems like something cool I could do this roboslave” and bingbangboom TONGUE-EYES

edit:(ah darn didn’t mean to sorta necro this post… my b)

1 Like

Nah don’t worry, a month marks the need to tread carefully, anything past 2 is a necro, 9 days is nothing :grin:

1 Like