I bought this game initially for multiplayer

I don’t find PUGs bad, or at least I didn’t. I don’t have friends who play BL3 so all my efforts at MP are just random joes. You get a range of skills but folks usually cooperated within the reason needed for the game and helped downed folks.

I haven’t seen modded weapons, at least that I know of but I’m on console where they have, in my impression, been slower to infiltrate. What has killed MP is M2. I haven’t had a decent MP session since then as groups are long, long time to find (fewer players?) and grossly unstable as people just drop out.

1 Like

I’m talking coop, pve lol but yeah bro it’s pretty much single player game

I bought it for the co-op multiplayer aspect because that is how I played the BL1, BL2 and BLTPS, split screen and joining friends online to play as well.

Since I have a XB1X, if I can get the game to run at all without crashing its a good day but if I try to play multiplayer or join a game it crashes, but I have been told they are looking into it…since the games release.

As for split screen co op, good luck with that.

2 Likes

@patbateman72 Exactly,I can understand that’s it’s not going to mostly be online like destiny but my thing is since it’s in the game just polish it up and make it a decent enough feature so that people can give it a try and have a good experience. It’s so badly implemented right now, no one really plays coop

1 Like

I hate to say it, but it has been like that from the start and only got worse over time.

PS if you want one of the better multiplayer game published by GBX with different Dev team is Risk of Rain 2. It is rogue-like though gameplay.

1 Like

Well… I am an ONLY SOLO player. Due to my stroke in 2011, I tend to get people killed… ALOT!

So I just play with myself {heh!}.

1 Like

Totally agree withBL2 having a better lobby style where at least you had an idea of what you were joining in terms of the storyline progress. Joining blindly doesn’t make sense to me, so I just play solo.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that pal, god bless.

Yeah the way multiplayer is now really makes no sense. You might as well just remove it from the game, that’s how bad it is.

This thread has been going for almost a year…
They are not going to do anything about it I think…

3 Likes

Don’t let that part get you down out of multiplayer. I have not had a stroke(yet anyway, life is fragile) and I get people killed all the time. Plus people who take games seriously when dying and mad at others for not being there for others can go take a hike. I don’t expect people to rez me, and I hope they don’t expect me to rez them either. Sure, I try my best, but if they get all pissy, they can GTFO.

I play Dying Light on Nighmare mode which you lose all level progress if you die and am loving every dying breath I take :rofl: One of my buddies won’t play on the difficulty with me because I am consistently laughing, and it is either because either he is dying or I am dying.

Yeah, the wife and myself tried the splitscreen co-op for about twenty minutes and said forget it and haven’t done it since. We have went back to BL2 and BLTPS that strangely works good. Multiplayer also works better. They are too busy catering to the streamers to be worried about us.

2 Likes

You’re right but you would think since they like to address “reported concerns” that this thread alone with over 1300 + posts last count not to mention the messages left to them on twitter something would have been said by now. Eh…either way though just goes to show what a mess this iteration is compared to the last entries in the series.

1 Like

It’s kind of embarrassing the number of replies that skimmed the OP and didn’t realize by Multiplayer it was referring to CO-OP, which is a form of Multiplayer, not just PvP.

3 Likes

This game was sold as a multiplayer/coop game and it is a disaster in that sense. The matchmaking and splitscreen is horrendous, the in game lag is terrible on console with regular crashes.
If the question was ever asked on a forum ‘best coop game’ I would always suggest the Borderlands series, especially BL2. Nowadays I have to always add, apart from BL3 don’t bother with that one.

4 Likes

I’ve got the Xbox One X as well and the game crashing is the main reason I had to limit playing. I did manage to get through the Cartel content with only 1 crash, but I refuse to play a game that does that. None of my other games I play cause any kind of crashing. GB just goes blissfully along pretty much ignoring it save for their patented usual comment about “looking into it”. Two trouble tickets to GB Support were equally frustration, finally with me giving up.

3 Likes

I also can’t care less about your original complaint. There are plenty of multiplayer games out there - go play them and leave single player/co-op Borderlands to those that appreciate it for what it is.

OPs point, which there are many other threads about, is that Co-op isn’t working, not that they want it to be a PvP game. They wanted BL3 Co-op to be reliable and as robust as past games, which was part of the selling point of the series.

What I keep seeing is that console couch co-op {split screen} is not working for many, the PC workaround to do split screen was patched out, and matchmaking online isn’t working well, if at all.

I would say that expecting those things is expecting the single player/co-op Borderlands that players have appreciated for a decade. Would that be fair?

4 Likes

Let’s see what happens when you do:

match

First things that pop up, been an issue since day one. I have been vocal about it as well. BL2 has better multiplayer (which is ALMOST a decade older),…

4 Likes

That’s such a pessimistic search though, and would imply you’re looking for a bad experience instead of…

1 Like