I feel weird about all this.. (a talk about grenades)

So if you know me by now… I am complaining alot, out of love… and have made some sciencey stuff here on the forum regarding best weapons for zanes clone or melee numbers for amara…

but I havent really talked about Moze, although I have the most time played on her…

I will make a whole thread about her and the problems she has later at some point, with her mech scaling for example…
but after the “nerfs” yesterday I complained alot, not because I thought the build was bad now, but the premise it sets for the future…

these feelings have not changed, BUT I palyed with moze now for a couple of hours,

and I have to say, I really enjoy the change…

I can still spam my grenades, I am still vastly stronger than timothy was (which was my goal in this game from the beginning) but it makes me think now, use my hive or scourge or flakker for mix ups and still get to enjoy throwing my nade at people and have to aim A LITTLE BIT now… :slight_smile:
so yeah, as it is the changes are realy good for moze. and maybe stop the whining for nerfs for a bit.

yet it still feels weird… the skill inheritly wasn’t the problem… it was the interaction with the hex grenade… and with these changes it only makes it MORE RELIANT on the hex… because you want that trigger every 2 seconds as fast as possible…

so my feelings for all this are STILL that this is just a poor bandaid and does not help the situation at all…

what I want to see are HUGE buffs to all other grenades in general… grenades feel super weak in this game… they dont pack a punch, they are like a slightly stronger AoE melee hit…
there are a few exceptions like the rain firestorm or epicenter to set yourself on fire…

BUT I want ALL grenades to have a places! especially purple ones! I had a triple splitting triple bouncing greande while leveling and it was SO much fun! I want EXPLOSIONS!

AND I DONT WANT TO SEE A NERF TO HEX… nerf them by making other stuff more viable options

I WANT TO SEE BUFFS TO EVERYTHIGN ELSE!

make grenades scale more into late game, at level 50 double or triple the damage of some greandes.
GIVE THEM MORE AFFIXES! more diffrent behaivior!

• moxxis bouncing pair
  • red queen
  • chupa organs
  • echo 2 - just make this a hilariously large explosion for 5-10 times the damage it does now… how funy would that be? just a basic greande that then explodes in a giant Fing nuke… while we carried this thing around in borderlands 2 ^^
  • normal purples and base grenades
  • nagata, stormfront, quasar… so many grenades that are all basically unused…

and then remove this bandaid on moze and rebalance it accordingly…

• give it a delay but increase the chance drasticly…
  • make it so hex no longer counts as splash damage and remove this change… for all I care you can take hex away from me… IF but ONLY IF you provide me with BETTER, MORE FUN, MORE INTERACTIVE options…
  • make it, everytime you deal splash damage return a grenade and 1-3 bullets to you magazine with a 5 second cooldown with THAN a lower chance to return 2 greandes and a EVEN LOWER chance to return 3 greandes. so it is less reliable for fast explosions but more guaranteed for slower explosions

these are just some quick sugestions, but I think you can figure it out… but yeah… give me more options if you dont want any sparkles on your screen anymore…

what do you guys think about greandes?

I’m all in for a buff to moxxis pair…

1 Like

@spytock1 hehe, I see what you did there :wink:

2 Likes

I think they should buff nades before they nerf any of them.

People love the hex because it works well, not talking about nade spam moze, talking in general.

If the hex was like the pipe bomb then thats another issue but it isnt.

Players use them because they are meta right now. Storm fronts are decent, rain firestorm is decent as well.

Wait till people start duping the diluvian forestorm, you think the hex is OP, that diluvian is ridiculous.

Mr Torgue would be proud

I’ve said it all across these forums and I’ll say it here. A cooldown proc is a fine replacement effect for percent proc but only the incompetent still combine both in 2019 because all prior instances were failures across gaming history for good reasons that are easily Googlable.

The moze change was good and going towards the right direction. Grenades were always supplementary to guns in borderlands and it should stay this way.