I got a Pearlescent from a trash pile

A Storm popped up when I destroyed a trash pile in the Dust. Best part is… I got it recorded. I was streaming at the time and I actually have the Pearl spawning on screen.
highlight on Twitch

I lost my mind as soon as I saw it but I wasn’t sure if an enemy dropped it or if it came from the trash pile. You can imagine my excitement when I watched the VOD…

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #2

That is really impressive, to be honest. I mean, I’ve gotten a Baby Maker from a dumpster before, but that is much more impressive, with it being a pearlescent.

Edity crap because reasons. Ignore this.

(Oeeshik) #3

The value of guns just aren’t the same anymore…

(99 HellbornKriegers) #4

I’ve got a Logan’s Gun and a Hellfire from trash piles. Also, I’ve noticed that the Storm is the most frequent pearl drop, at least in my case.

Still impressive getting a pearl from a trash pile…

(Berserker) #5

Nice score.

Same with the Storm being the most frequent, I’ve gotten a Storm world drop from the Warrior some time ago

(Shining Moonlight Nova) #7

Aaaaaaand it’s a Storm. Still, pretty awesome find nonetheless. Random Pearlescents still have a ridiculously low chance after all.

(Flameyes) #8

haha very nice find

(Meat Bicycle Slowly Reverting Back To Axton) #9

I came here expecting a comment regarding you and your “luck” with the Storm, t’was not disappointed.
On topic, that is a very nice drop, very lucky of you indeed.

(AceGoober) #10

Now that is a drop to be impressed with. Never have I seen a Pearl drop from a trash pile though I’ve only been playing OP8 for a couple of days. Congrats!

(Angry Crux Guy) #11

Whichever bandit threw that away was an idiot. Nice find but IMO it isn’t quite as good as finding a LLM in a stalker goo pile in WEP but considering your’s was a weapon it was indeed a very nice and surprising find.

Sorry but Loot Midgets are pretty common in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, even in trash piles :confused:

(Angry Crux Guy) #13

WEP yes, if in a certain room full of cardboard boxes with a certain mission and bonus objectives not done.

not only “if”, WEP, Opportunity and Thousand Cuts are known to have a higher rate of Loot Midgets, regardless of missions. I’ve gotten Loot Midgets in trash piles and even got Jimmy Jenkins once

(99 HellbornKriegers) #15

I’ve seen LLMs pop out from stalker pods at WEP.

Yah, I notice that when K shouts one of his badass lines (REAAAAAAAALY???)

(Angry Crux Guy) #16

Well I’ve rarely ever had them pop up anywhere so YMMV a little I guess, let’s just say I’ve had more pearls drop than LLMs excluding that one room and mission.

(Yunogame1) #17

It’s a little blurry, but I was running through TTAoDK and I destroyed a pile and got this!

(J3t Hive) #18

I’ve found the stalker pearl pistol in the weird green smelly thing next to the gas container (in Dr. Mercy’s place) at 1st I dint know what it was (it was before I knew about pearls) so pretty much any where you can find leg. and pearls

(Smooshmanvaldez) #19

I got my storm from a trash pile also… or maybe i killed a tubby i didn’t see, it was a while ago, but I’m pretty sure it was from a trash pile. I’ve been using it just because of the luck.

(Rockshox00) #20

Got a stoic emperor op2 from a marauder behind ellies garage with two legendary cats of tubbys in same run, still can’t get a legendary siren op level from anywhere :frowning: