I have some things which could improve the Multiplayer function of Homeworld Remastered

I have some things which could improve the Multiplayer function of Homeworld Remastered.

• Please add a chatbox function so you can chat with people to find people to play games with.
  • Please add a list which shows which players are currently using the multiplayer, how many are in games and how many are sitting in the lobby.
  • Please add a function to show if people are AFK for a said period of time in the said player list.
  • Please add the ability to add people to friends in a type of friendlist function for easy access to finding friends for games who reside in the same region. i.e Australia or America, etc…
  • Also possibly add a function to see the average ping of a game in the main lobby screen.
  • Maybe add a map builder program like the original games to create your own maps for multiplayer???
  • Add a function to display what region people are playing from? Might make it easier to distinguish players instead of having to kick people for having high ping.
  • On top of having a friendlist, add a block list to block disruptive people, or people who are rude.
1 Like

@sneeak08 try to remember they are having to rebuild code for multiplayer, with gamespy gone they gotta redo that stuff, gonna be awhile before we get that kind of function.

1 Like

Yes I am aware of that, I am just suggesting improvements.

gonna take time, GBX first attempt at an RTS and they set their sets way too high.

Great suggestions. I would like to add that the friends list would be nice if it was simply adding players to our steam friend list, not some proprietary friend list.

@Leviathanswrath

No, they didn’t set their sights way too high. We’re still in a the Beta phase of the multiplayer. I don’t see anything wrong with what’s going on. I just see a process that is still ongoing. There is no failure yet. Just work to be done that everyone already knows would be needed.

Its really an alpha

espicially when 3/4 of games dont even load