I LOVE the dialogue in this game

I have over 300 hours already in game and after thinking I heard it all, I am amazed from the new dialogue I hear every now and then. I wonder if they update the game with new dialogue? Lol. Still… Great job with it GBX. What’s your favorite dialogue?

Recent ones I heard was from the sentinel on incursion
(It may not be exact but it goes something like this)

After re-spawning back from death and you jump back down.
Sentinel: “Oh! You’re back! I get to re-spawn back too right?”

Sentinel: “Oh omg it’s you!! Finally get to meet you!!! And… You are just running away” ( you hear the second part in the distance while you are running off, lol)

10 Likes

Yeah, same here. Well byond 300 hours and still hearing plenty of new things.

2 Likes

It’s a testament to good writing that you can still laugh after hearing something for the 50th time.

8 Likes

Definitely true, still laugh at the same funny ones still.

1 Like

Have you ever been killed by a sentry? You should try it sometime.

Lol, when he puts up the middle finger? I seen that one hilarious. Also died by getting body blocked from the sentinel putting up the middle finger lol

1 Like

F your Sand Castle! :smile:

4 Likes

When will science save us?

2 Likes

I just went back and did a bl2 peak run, I was amazed how quiet the characters seemed since I got used to bb banter.

5 Likes

I had the same experience in BL2. So much dialogue and I’ve never updated my ps3 copy (only my pc one) so i knew it wasnt from gbx updates.

It’s so funny how, in this instance, RNG is a blessing and breath of fresh air because we don’t know extra lines exist until we hear them for ourselves XD I KNOW there are some pve ones i havent heard that folks have told me about, and I’ve yet to really hear any of the sentry ones in incursion since i prefer meltdown “ARE YOU NOT INFOTAINED?!”

1 Like

Lol!! Yea it’s definitely RNG. I know playing PVE with certain characters can bring out special dialogue as well which is awesome.

@wisecarver that’s one of my favorite lines!!! Lol

1 Like

…This weekend I played PreSequel for the first time since BB was released. Payed more attention to the details.

2 Likes

Played Miko for over a a hundred games and thought I heard all his dialogue but the other night I was playing him in pvp and killed a Boldur and Miko shouted out, “We are not to be f*cked with!”

I was seriously shocked as that was the first time I heard Miko curse lol.

8 Likes

Geoff is still the best for this. Annoying at first, a little charming after awhile, back to annoying… then one day he drops the “Noooo they taste like copper” line, which i had not heard before and i burst out laughing. I imagined in my mind the feedback of people calling Geoff annoying and GBX doubling down on the joke being played to death by adding even more lines to joke. Could just be that the line was buried there all along and i never heard it, but still a good one.

4 Likes

Presequel is one of my all time favorite games for having a much different feel than Bl2. I feel like a quiet force rippling through and affecting change rather than an indomitable but quiet beast.

…Indeed. Having played BB and knowing the Unreal Engine AI so well now I noticed some Thrall traits in the PreSequel.
There seems to be many things Gearbox tested, learned with, Randy even admitted some of them.
One thing I think may be most obvious is the slow effect in PreSequel grew into a full thing in BB.

I never even noticed that. Cryo was my favorite part of the game. Playing as Baroness and just jumping on top of a frozen boss and pouring into its crit spot was amazing. Unforgettable.

Playing thru The Renegade as Orendi the other day it gets to the part where Deande talks about all being forgiven, after she gets to the line “I get it we’re all dicks” I started dying when Orendi starts clapping “Yaaayyy, let’s all kill Deande!!!”

5 Likes

Indeed, it was there in open beta. Stepkid and I laughed our butts off at Geoff.

1 Like

Even better, there were two rando gentlemen of Southern persuasion in the game and they beat me to it.

“Wait, is that a new line?”

2 Likes