I miss Gearchat Wars!

THE LEGEND, THE KING, THE GOD AMONG MEN.

He has returned!

Also hi man. How ya been?

1 Like

Is this the true panic, or the imposter? I notice the name is different above…

1 Like

Well, holy buckets and all of that. Been years since I visited this place, and then out of the blue get the notification that panic’s back, and we may have a new GCW in the future. I’m in…

2 Likes

Well they are both me actually. In 2014 after the forums changed I thought I had lost my name (cause it said “panic” was taken when making an account) Today I couldn’t find login I used to create “panic_” so I randomly tried an old email for Shift login along with my original forum password - and to my suprise it actually worked. I guess my Shift account from BL2 got linked to my old xbox360 name which somehow reserved “panic” without me knowing?! I have no idea lol.

2 Likes

Stouty :smiley: hey dude what’s up! It has been a long time indeed. It’s nice to see you have been the keeper of the Gearchat topic over the years, and that it was in good hands.

I have been good, I play a lot of Path of Exile these days, but with the announcement of Borderlands 3 and the (finally) updated release of Borderlands 1 I hope it’ll bring a lot of the veterans back.

2 Likes

Hey markdl, good to see back! I will definitely be leveling a new character tomorrow on my ps4. Does anyone know if they actually “fixed” anything from the original game? I hear PC got a free update, but not sure where console release stands. I would actually like to get a proper legendary Draco for once among other things haha.

2 Likes

You and me both, for sure. It’s been ages since I played BL1, so I fired it up tonight to see how it was before the remaster hits tomorrow. God, I’m rusty at this game. lol

But, it’ll be fun to level up a new character and see how the game plays with some new polish on it.

Oh, and can’t believe I still have this in my pictures folder…

riot-1

4 Likes

Huh, didn’t expect to see this topic being posted in. Welcome back. And yeah, lots of old timers rejoining lately.

1 Like

I has warm fuzzies.

2 Likes

Nostalgic post

2 Likes

I was thinking about doing some Gearchat Wars events leading up the eventual release of BL3. Not sure when exactly as I’d like to give some people time to level up on remastered version, and also see what level of interest there still is. All the old threads (I think) are wiped off the face of the earth, so I would probably need to do another write up explanation on the rules and all that. For now new people can just know that it’s fun :smiley:

3 Likes

Draco is real guise

Was it a fresh drop? I had heard it was the same, but that was a holdover from an imported file.

Chest in the Armory

Hold on, let me see if I can link my screenshot

Playing on an imported file btw

2 Likes

We’ve got a finds thread for the Remaster over here!

Awesome to see the Draco actually be a Draco. So far, it’s looking like some imported Dracos are still Massacres, but it’s cool to see Dracos actually be… well y’know. Dracos.

edit: link fixed

1 Like

Towards BL3 launch sounds good to me for GCW4 (I think that’s what we’re up to? Been long enough for my memory to fade). I’m thinking about cleaning up Dark Souls 2 from my backlog before I play the remaster anyways since I’m already around halfway through it.

just finished my playthrough 1 on remastered. So fun. Forgot how great it was just to grind through the story. Also funny to see how much I still remembered from years ago. The gun fixes have been a long time coming and I am glad they are finally here. I’ll definitely have to incorporate those into a special GCW event. Now I can tackle the DLC’s and PT2.

1 Like

Hope all is well! Just started playing again last night, I kind of miss the all night Gearchat Wars, and the last minute submission drama.

1 Like

Hey guys, hows it going?
Team RIOT ftw!

4 Likes

Hey Tante! It’s great seeing so many familiar folks again.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but this game was always more special to me than just about any other before or since. I’m about 2/3rds of the way through my fist PT, rocking my siren with her anarchy. So satisfying just blowing everything away again with this character.

1 Like