I nancied out of a PvP match today

Hand raised, guilty of rage quiting.

Not going to name names but we were a pretty potent team of 100’s nailing matches this morning.
I even got to hit helix 7 as Ambra and OMG the enemy base to ashes.

All of a sudden our team is getting nailed this time and someone starts yelling at me.
OK, it can really be a mistake to choose Alani but when I do I’m not a nurse! :rage:

6 Likes

That’s what really sucks whenever you’re playing support in pvp. If your team loses and you’re playing support no matter how good you did you’ll be the one that gets blamed. It’s very annoying at times but don’t let it affect your game:)

5 Likes

You know what really sucks, when you play support, build it as a support in helix, have good healing amount in the end (similar to what enemy support has) but somehow manage to be leading team in damage and kills…

2 Likes

I’m kinda confused by this post. So you don’t heal people when you play Alani? If that’s what you’re saying, then that’s kind of rude…

1 Like

…That isn’t what I said, there is so much debate about her role.
When I use Ambra I am committed to team health and I’m good with her for that.
I did my very best and that is what should count, first of all it should remain fun. :sunny:

1 Like

I play with Wise a bit, and one thing he does that I love is play to a character’s spirit or intentions if you will. With Alani, who must fight in mid to short range in order to heal, that means two things typically:

1 - I am not your mother, I will not chase you down as you run away in order to heal you, I have things to do at the front line.

2 - I am not your nurse, I am a burst healer, do not expect me to waste heals on you if you are sitting above 70%, there are exceptions to this but never assume that you are one.

That said, I am not Wise so I can’t speak for him and don’t know if that was what he was doing or not. But as he said, this is a game, and we play games for enjoyment. Not having a way to split the casual from the competitive players though often causes dissonance, what one enjoys the other may not. Do I support rage quitting, no, but you know what, sometimes things happen and we do what we always swore we wouldn’t.

5 Likes

I always play supports, and no one blames me. Maybe I just have better friends?

2 Likes

Eh, you don’t always get to play with friends though. Most people are pretty cool, but if I don’t recognize teammate names I just won’t run support when solo queued or with only one other.

2 Likes

The days of non nurse Alani are dead.

I love playing the team nurse! I don’t know why, but I find playing medics or general supports more fun and gratifying than shooting dudes.

1 Like

You know what I don’t get in this thread- ANY thread on healers, for that matter? Why people keep saying “nurse”. It’s the DOCTOR that heals people…
I’m not trying to devalue nurses; just trying to give props where they belong…

Because more often than not, you don’t get the respect a doctor would get, and therefore it’s not a often-desired position. Hence people calling it nurse rather than Medic or Doctor.

1 Like

Yes you are a nurse. Don’t pick a healer if you aren’t willing to heal, and if you do be prepared to be told that you need to.

If they expect you to be their nurse when you are playing Alani, then they clearly don’t understand her role. I would honestly classify her more as a rescuer than a medic because of all the clutch saves I’ve seen her pull off. Whenever I’m playing with an Alani I usually will teleport back to base instead of having her top off my health because she needs to save her Osmosis stacks for someone in danger or herself.

4 Likes

Alani is not a Nurse. Miko and Ambra are but not Alani.

3 Likes

Yes, she very clearly is.

Do you understand how terrible her healing is without Osmosis stacks? It’s not worth giving someone those micro heals because it does so little. And it’s a waste to use full Osmosis for someone that’s missing a small portion of health. It takes time to build up those stacks. If you want a nurse on your team than you go for Miko or Ambra because they can easily top off the entire teams health.

2 Likes

More likely it’s because you don’t play with pug groups as often. You will experience such scenario eventually if you do no matter how great of a healer/support you are.

The reason is because It’s easy to blame your mistakes on someone else instead of taking responsibilities for yor own actions.

3 Likes

Haha! Ah… This is very true. Mind blown; way of thinking changed.

1 Like

It takes like no time at all to build stacks. There are plenty of buildables and minions that are extremely easy to hit, and if you build your gear for attack speed (which you should) you can build them up even faster.

Now, if the damage is relatively minor then of course don’t waste it, but that’s not how I see most Alanis played. Most of them play her like a damage dealer and nothing else, and don’t use her healing for anything but healing themselves, and that’s the vibe that I’m getting from the original post.