I need a 360 copy in order to transfer saves to Handsome Jack version, correct?

I noticed that Borderlands 2 is on sale for the Xbox 360 marketplace for $7.99 right now, and I’m considering purchasing a copy just so I can access a few of my old saves from that system. I had a Gaige and Krieg both on UVHM for the 360 and wouldn’t mind getting them back.

Is the uploading actually done in the game menu itself? I tried just uploading them to the cloud, but they didn’t show up, and gave me a message about not being able to find any saves.

Just wanted to make sure I can do this if I buy the old version.

1 Like

yes I did it I remember when I got my xbox one. Very easy you just boot up the game on your 360 and upload character on game title screen.

Have to do it one character at a time though.

5 Likes

Awesome…thanks.

1 Like

Also worth noting that when you go to download each save on the XB1, you’ll get an “Overwrite or save as new?” option. Always save as new! It’s actually a pretty seamless process, but you will need XBL gold, same GT on both systems, and IIRC be signed into SHiFT on both as well.

2 Likes

Ohhh, so when you say “one character at a time”, you mean you can actually only have one active shared character being shared at once. I noticed after importing Gaige, when I tried to import Krieg right after that it asked if I wanted to replace Gaige. I thought this meant you could only upload one, then import it to HJC version, then you had to go back and do a second character, and so on.

So, here’s a scenario…I upload gaige and play her for ten levels, then decide I want to switch to Krieg. He replaces her in my list of saves. Where is my progress saved for those ten levels I played Gaige for?

I take it this means I would always have to have access to my 360 console if I ever wanted to switch back and forth again.

EDIT: Or am I not reading this right? A lot of the online info about this doesn’t mention only having one character saved at once. What’s the bottom line…can I import all of my characters from the 360 to Handsome Jack, one at a time, and then have them all populate my list of game saves on the Xbox One version?

1 Like

Can only upload one character at a time. Have to download each uploaded character one at a time. It’s a pain but you can transfer all characters.

2 Likes

Yeah, just disregard all of that. I was misunderstanding what the game was doing when it asked if I wanted to “replace” a character in the upload queue. I thought it meant it was replacing the save for the one I had already moved. I get it now, and I moved all my old saves.

Thanks for the patient explanations, everyone.

2 Likes

I did not have xbgold when I transferred my characters

jus sayin

1 Like