I still want a 3rd person mode-- WHO's WITH ME?

Maybe it can’t be in competitive… Or maybe there can be a competitive mode where everyone’s in 3rd person… Make it a unanimous vote so it’s all or nothing so there can be no disadvantage. Or maybe allow us the option for the co-op mode or in offline pvp?? I just really want to enjoy the characters in 3rd.

6 Likes

Melee heroes need it very much.

6 Likes

Only one problem with that. It completely takes away melee heroes who rely on those surprise attacks. There’s no way you could balance that.

3 Likes

Screw balance, why don’t do it for PVE at least?

3 Likes

Personally, I’m ok with the PvE aspect as long as it’s only PvE. I was more referring to the OP’s reference to competitive gameplay.

2 Likes

This game was built as a first person MOBA hybrid. That would take a ton of rebalancing.

7 Likes

No thank you.

4 Likes

I’d rather have a FOV slider to be honest.

4 Likes

I’m not. Mainly because if I wanted to play a 3rd person MOBA, I’d play LoL/Smite/HotS/Paragon/any other MOBA out on the market now.

Smite being the perfect choice for a TPMOBA.

4 Likes

I think 3rd person veiw would be great! Even if it is only for PvE or something like that. I think it’d be fun to see the char models moving around. Skins would have more of a use as well.

2 Likes

They deliberately vetoed the 3rd person mode entirely for its imbalance in multiplayer, and adding it back in for PvE would just mean a whole lotta work that would only affect half of the game. I reckon it would be cool too, being perfectly honest, but it probably isn’t going to happen.

2 Likes

I second this, we got one for BL2 and TPS so let’s have one for BB as well! It would benefit melee characters especially and not create any more of an imbalance than controller sensitivity, 3rd person on the other hand would break PvP and ruin the FPS experience entirely.

3 Likes

I would prefer the ability to switch between the two. Because trying to crit melee in third person is a bit difficult.

2 Likes

I believe PC has an FoV slider and, though I haven’t looked, I would think splitscreen on consoles has an FoV slider.

The FOV slider has a relatively conservative upper bound I think.

Completely unnecessary. Keep at it and you can get used to it.

1 Like

Not necessary, perhaps, but it would be a lot more pleasant.

I’ve started to dislike playing melee heros sometimes; in the heat of the moment, your screen turns into artistic vomit and you can’t see through the bright flashing damage feedback and particle effects.

I’d be all for having a toggle-able 3rd person mode, as long as there were something to make up for the 1st person players who don’t get that little bit extra time to react when they see somebody trying to come up behind them.

2 Likes

Would be less confusing to have melee weapon view model in world space; even if it clips geometry, targeting with melee weapons is really wonky in first person due to skewed perspective.

1 Like

Prefer the 1st person view here; I wouldn’t want GBX diverting any resources to this idea.

1 Like

Trying to melee in first person is a nightmare. If the opponent so much as jumps (to hell with thorn and Benedict) they are lost forever. Can’t find em because there’s no peripheral view.

And they say its balanced for first person but in reality its not at all. Its just in first person but not balanced for it or else the game wouldn’t be constant knock back a and particle effect explosions in your face making it high impossible to keep track of anything in first person. that’s why meleers can’t do anything besides flail in the general direction of enemies and hope they hit them.

2 Likes