I was at the reveal, what do you want to know?

It’s a matter of opinion. I wasn’t really impressed with Destiny’s gunplay. Outside of specific weapons it felt very ordinary while lacking responsiveness in various situations. The movement mechanics and class abilities were more impactful to the game experience than the actual gunplay from my viewpoint.

4 Likes

Did they say when we could expect to see more gameplay? Especially on the 2 other characters.

1 Like

I picked up Destiny on the cheap recently, just to see what it is. First impression - “where is the loot?”. Especially guns. I’m still very early in the game, though, so perhaps it gets better.

1 Like

Shotguns and Snipers had to be charged for each shot, SMG’s you had to charge then it went full auto. When you stopped or reloaded you needed to charge again.

3 Likes

Level 10 is too early to tell

1 Like

It was a mix, vehicles were not so smart, enemies felt similar to bl2 slightly better. Some mobs worked pretty well together.

2 Likes

Thats on my list of recommendations for the devs.

I don’t think I even tried to hit an enemy with it. There was more knockback effects on guns and such.

1 Like

We didn’t play against any but Varkids and Goliaths were both in the trailer.

2 Likes

Never played destiny.

2 Likes

No real PVP, duels might still be in but I only was able to play solo.

I did get bad car AI but enemies only ran to cover, not away.

2 Likes

Yes you can

3 Likes

Not yet so be patient, lots to learn from the recent footage, and awhile before the game comes out. It will be a slow burn.

1 Like

That…makes me sad. Amara having better charge time will certainly come in handy, but… Maliwan betrayed me.

Being a Drama King. I’ll probably get used to the mechanic when I start playing. Much Appreciated!

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t love them but its possible I was doing something wrong, we didn’t get much time with it.

2 Likes

If we consider that - in the current build of the game - Amara gets up to 78% charge time improvement, then she will be the best Maliwan user by a wide margin. If the charge time is calculated like Shield Recharge Delay was in the other games (which seems like the most logical thing to do), then she should basically have a ~44% higher fire rate for Shotguns and Snipers (do pistols work the same way?). Thats a massive bonus to her elemental capabilities, compared to Vault Hunters without this advantage.

4 Likes

Pants or no pants?

2 Likes

But if you’re not Amara, I doubt you’d use Maliwan weapons then. Even if you did play Amara, you’d have to do that specific build, correct? Seems kind of dumb to make a whole manufacturer sluggish and inconvenient for everybody not using that specific build.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen in some of the streamers’ footage, they’re pretty good at shooting you from behind if you just run past them right into the middle of the battlefield and then wonder who’s shooting you from all sides

1 Like

Do you know how skill trees progression works in BL3? Is it like BL2 or like TPS where there was one tier that needed only 1 point in order to progress into the next tier of skills.

2 Likes