Ice Breaker Fl4k ~ non GITM crit build

In the last days I did a lot of Slaughter Shaft M3 sessions and here are my personal conclusions:

1. I find Eager to Impress redundant. The majority of my cooldown is always burned with Head Count and the cooldown guardian perk. I prefer Self-Repairing System for +30 % health and 1.5 % health regeneration.

2. The Re-Router is a nice shield, but for M3 Slaughter Shaft I need some serious defences. The Re-Router is depleted or half full in most cases and so it will not trigger the cooldown guardian perk. I prefer the Transformer, Stop-Gap or the Ward. The last one offers +25 % gun damage and 4 % health regeneration when depleted. Together with the spiderant and Self-Repairing System I have 6.5 % health regeneration (7.4 while moving) outside of Fade Away. The Brawler Ward also offers +300 % melee damage when depleted, which brings us to the next point.

3. A Knife Drain artifact is a huge bonus to survivability. With 75 % melee life leach and the Brawler Ward you are almost invincible! Just keep slashing in critical situations and every hit will heal you from almost zero to full.
    And to make it better: The Face-Puncher shotgun counts as melee damage and will heal you with 75 % life leech! Better than Salvador in BL2.

4. Lucians Call is still great. But if there are only a few enemies (so the ricochets won’t hit anything) or they are far away I prefer the Night Hawkin to burn the cooldown. After the nerf the effective range of Lucians Call is significantly reduced.

@Bushido_Brown404
Thank you very much for writing this guide. In these days everybody creates YouTube videos and well written guides are becoming a rarity.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it “devastated” by a long shot… but numbers are numbers. There was an extra pellet there before and now it isn’t. It’s a 25% decrease to the base damage - I’ll concede that the change is offset by the sniper crit buff, and Fl4k really seems to shine with the Lyuda anyway. Still a solid pick!

I’ve fiddled around with a few of these synergies, the ward is absolutely AMAZING for survivability. I’d agree it’s a reasonable sub for fast-paced slaughter runs. The ward-boosted knife drain is crazy efficient at restoring health. The “white elephant” prefix gives it some extra oomph too when paired up with the elemental bonus from the spiderant!

I find Eager to Impress to be a bit redundant up against HC too… but I’m still conditioned against max health increases after BL2’s health-gate meta so I’m a bit tentative about SRS. I’ll probably feel more comfortable speccing into it though as time goes on if GB handles the balancing well. That, and I notice Overclocked pushes the Lyuda’s ROF a little higher than I’d like, making it proc LNT less often and reduce the potential max mag size… so in the mean time the points are in ETI. I wouldn’t call it a total loss though, If I’m on a roll with the one pump the spare kills can burn some cooldown

And thanks for your support! It’s great being able to bounce ideas back and forth with the community. Much more helpful than YouTube personalities if you ask me…

In the case of multi-projectile weapons, all the damage will be crammed into the extra projectile.

You sure about this? I’m fairly certain Two Fang just adds an additional projectile much like Playing Dirty, which makes it great with single projectile weapons, not so great with shotties.

Yes, that is correct. So it makes almost no difference with high pellet count weapons.

I did some testing with Hidden Mashine:

If you know how, you can trigger it in most situations, sometimes you just have to wait a few seconds during Fade Away.
As Hidden Mashine is almost a damage multiplier (most of our other damage bonuses are in the other value set for the multiplication), I am trying around with it in my build.
This is my current build:

https://bl3skills.com/beastmaster#5050301330000200000000000530230533101

And I tried this one:

https://bl3skills.com/beastmaster#5050101334000000000000000530230533101

The 24 % multiplicative damage bonus is huge and really noticeable. However, in M3 Slaughter Shaft my pet is dying frequently now and I am missing the two points in Persistence Hunter.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Might be some bad intel on my part. I’ll check this again and edit, thank you!

It’s not bad intel. The skill is definitely bugged and requires effort to trigger it. Not sure, whether it is worth it. But 24 % multiplicative damage bonus is really strong…

I hear ya! I’m constantly eye-ing that HM bonus because we don’t get a whole bunch of multiplicative boosts elsewhere.

In terms of pet health, I’d say the best bet is going for as much health regen as possible. The Multivitamin shield grants 5% maxHP/sec while full. The Brawler Ward performs well at 2% maxHP/sec full and even better under pressure (4% maxHP/sec broken). Some of that trickle-down could be enough to keep the pet kicking.

We have more than you’d think initially.

Interplanetary Stalker and Frenzy are both multiplicative. There are a few others as well. In case you haven’t seen Demonite’s video on the topic yet.

Yeah I managed to catch this video! I was aware of IP stalker but a lot of the others aren’t as accessible to this build. Pet Fl4ks don’t know how good they have it between frenzy and ER! It’s good to see the devs giving the pets and master tree some more love in general lately

This is my final build:

https://bl3skills.com/beastmaster#5050101332000200000000000530230533101

I have to revive my pet more often, but I think thats a fair tradeoff for 12 % multiplicative damage boost. The two points in Persistence Hunter are absolutely necessary for me. I need the 30 % extra duration for the perfect positioning and hunting.
Regarding the shield, I am using Band of Sitorak at the moment. Absolutely awesome with the Guardian perk for the cooldown reduction, because the shield recharges in 0.3 seconds and gives +25 % health and +22 % gun damage, + 10 % fire rate and + 10 % movement speed when depleted.
Either it is full, so it will trigger the Guardian perk for a super fast cooldown or it is empty and gives you these nice bonuses.

I’ve been hesitant to talk about this since it’s definitely not intended and has a good chance of being patched out but there’s always the option of going into the menu while your pet is in FFYL and selecting a different pet thus “reviving” them

I think frenzy is bugged. I’ve been running proving grounds and it works half the time

I assume all of the skills are bugged at this point, or at least the damage values. There is no transparency to see how much additional damage we actually get from the stats, other than taking the trees word for it.

I wish we had a practice dummy. But yes frenzy is bugged I did how many proving grounds and it seemed to work half the time

I just have to say, I love this build. I’m only up to my low 30s but I really appreciate the gear guide you posted before. I also love the play style— building up, then walloping, and switching to GITM for a boss if I need it.

So far I’ve actually found a ton of use from anointed (+50% dmg on action skill) 2x COV pistols — instead of using a sticky torque at the end of FA I switch to the pistol and the damage output seems incredible.

Should I be investing more in Leave No Trace and try a different strategy? Right now I seem to have found a sweet spot with high ROF maliwan or Dahl SMG, anointed COV pistol, purple Jakob’s sniper (for FA), and surprisingly the “melter” maliwan pistols seem to give me very large DPS.

Maybe it’s the Hollow Point that’s killing your pet?

My pet is pretty tanky, and I try not to shoot at the enemy my pet is attacking, but I still unintentionally kill her all the time with the Hollow Point explosion caused by the reflected bullets.

At least with this build we can revive the pet while invisible.

I managed to get my hands on the Sitorak shield and it is absolutely insane! I’ll be sure to add it to recommended gear up top. It’s like the Brawler Ward but the secondary rolls can benefit gunplay over melee. I also found a great synergy between that and the “its piss” grenade. you can get up close in stealth and nade the ground - dropping your shield and debuffing the target at the same time. I see it outdamage the amp in a few cases!

That looks like a solid base you’ve got going so far, and you’re taking advantage of anointed gear much faster than I did! You’ll see the best returns on LNT with splitting/multi-pellet weapons -> more pellets = less investment necessary in LNT. Any shotgun with a ROF above 3/sec can fire without reloading indefinitely if you’re lucky!

1 Like