I'd like to share a few ideas I had for dear ol Atty

Attikus was hands down the character I was the most excited to try out, his design is pretty awesome. I got my hands on him, played about 20 matches with him (not the best sample size) and he has so much potential but definitely needs a few QoL changes and tweaks.

Now he’s not crap tier or anything like that but if you compare him to most other melee characters he falls a little short in some regard.

1. As many people have stated he definitely needs some hitbox tweaks as you tend to get stuck on eveeerrryything. Terrain is his biggest enemy most of the time. For creeps and possibly players he could passively push them aside as he moves.

2. His jump usually stops if you hit the ceiling leaving you pretty vulnerable with your hitbox the size of a bus.

3. The charge mechanic imo needs to be slightly overhauled since in certain maps like the defend point one he really suffers from it. Even his own allies can sabotage him by blowing up the creepwave that he is lumbering towards. I feel like melee strikes against other batteborn or big enemy should generate a charge. Even some hybrid like they progressively build as he hits things/takes damage.

4. Due to his massive size/lowish speed a durability upgrade/helix changes is in order. Especially with his crit spot being quite large in comparison to the other oversized battleborn. For being such a big guy he feels like he is made of tinfoil if the enemy is a half decent shot or remember to use quick melee to send you flying away.

They might have to tone back some of his damage to make these changes, but making him more relentless would fit his character well at least in my opinion.

That about sums up the couple ideas. I’d love to hear about other’s experiences with this lovable low born and opinions on these changes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found him a slow starter but a strong finisher, the issue in PVP its hard to get him to that point since a lot of matches you never get to level 10.

Even in PVP he starts pretty weak IMO but when you get around level 6 he can really take over.

I hope they tweak him because I also would love to play him more, I think he just needs a bit more durability so he can live through those first 5 levels easier.

1 Like

[quote=“Velcro_Raptor, post:1, topic:1457301”]
As many people have stated he definitely needs some hitbox tweaks as you tend to get stuck on eveeerrryything. Terrain is his biggest enemy most of the time. For creeps and possibly players he could passively push them aside as he moves.

this would be a good fix for big characters in general. I think a simple light-heavy scale for being knocked back and quick melee knock back would be a good addition.

His jump usually stops if you hit the ceiling leaving you pretty vulnerable with your hitbox the size of a bus.

Yes, they don’t even have to change the pounce, just make the indicator of your jump larger, that would fix 9/10 failed pounces.

The charge mechanic imo needs to be slightly overhauled since in certain maps like the defend point one he really suffers from it. Even his own allies can sabotage him by blowing up the creepwave that he is lumbering towards. I feel like melee strikes against other batteborn or big enemy should generate a charge. Even some hybrid like they progressively build as he hits things/takes damage.

Agreed. I’d like to get at least a half charge with an assist.

Due to his massive size/lowish speed a durability upgrade/helix changes is in order. Especially with his crit spot being quite large in comparison to the other oversized battleborn. For being such a big guy he feels like he is made of tinfoil if the enemy is a half decent shot or remember to use quick melee to send you flying away.

A weight system would make Attikus a more viable fighter, and help large characters in general. As for health, I usually do pretty well, as long as I’m hitting things and have a full charge once I get higher level. A health boost to Montana health would help you survive until then.[/quote]

I love Attikus’ berserker style of play. Keep fighting to keep living. I also tend to stay on the field longer than I do with Montana. It does feel odd to be a coward during those first levels, but I tend to do well once I hit level 3, and I just get harder to killer the further I level. Overall, a solid berserker, among the rest of the badass Battleborn.

1 Like

Actually your idea about building charges on hit instead of kill is a really cool idea and I think that would be a huge improvement for him given how hard it is to kill creeps when everyone is fighting over them. The number of charges needed to empower abilities would need to go up a bit though to compensate. It would be super cool to actually get to use his passive though.

1 Like

The increased weight suggestion is a really good one it would certainly help him stick to a target better.

A little off topic but how have people generally been building him?, I always hear he has really good sustain later on… but the only big sustain thing I see aside for the 8 seconds of lifesteal after his leap is the regen based on stacks. But the second you use something they are gone. I’m curious gear wise as well since I bounced between a bunch of different sets.

This could have something to do with my perspective since I mainly playing Rath and Kelvin. ^^;

There’s his health steal on his arc on helix one, the pounce on helix two, the life steal on punches on helix 3, and regen on helix 5.

All of this, augmented with extra damage, will let you survive as long as you can punch. You can’t go out and punch out the whole opposing team, but it will make sure you outlive the poor sap you’re beating on. The purest example of a berserker, imo.

Just carried an entire match with Attikus. Honestly I don’t thing he needs any change ^^

As mentioned I don’t think he’s garbage tier like everyone makes him out to be, but one match is not really an ideal sample size. Specially when player skill is heavily in question with how wonky matchmaking is.

Try playing him in the capture point maps while being against equally skillful players/other tanks and you’ll see what I mean.

I really want to like him but at the moment Kelvin, Galilea, Montana and Isic just feel like they bring so much more to the table as a defender/brawler.

I’m master of attikus, and I’ve been playing only with him since may 3rd. I can share more photos if you want, about every match, in every mode.

I don’t want to come here like “Hey look how pro I am”. I’m only arguing with my personal experience. In that match I shared with you, I was playing with a TON of lvl 3/10 players against a master of rath and a master of reyna. So it wasn’t matchmaking.