[Idea] Borderlands: Bunkers & Badasses?

I’d love to see Gearbox make a Borderlands: Bunkers & Badasses game. It would come with a built in campaign editor so you could design your own maps, enemies, encounters, loot drops, campaigns and the like. Plus maybe a few built in stories so people have something to play if they don’t want to make stuff or play other people’s stuff. It could be their Super Mario Maker. What are people’s thought on this? Edit: I wasn’t sure where to place this thread but Kitto Jo was kind enough to move it to the right place.

Edit: I just thought of an additional twist for this game idea as well. Sort of like how Tiny Tina would change things up on the fly in Assault on Dragon Keep the map/campaigns creator could switch things up on the fly during gameplay (and save the changes as an update to the original, a remix/variation or so on similar to how players could do so on Halo 3 Forge maps). The creator could even set it to allow others to edit (in the editor or on the fly) so the person hosting the level could edit the map/campaign while others played through it.

Other things to change things up would be creating levels that allow for smaller or larger teams than the usual 4 man team (though not so sure about this idea). Also not sure which characters would be playable in this game.

I actually like this idea, it would give an excuse to make Borderlands a randomly generated 1st person shooter rpg. The switching things up as it were. And adding more random elements, like you said, with Tiny Tina, as the “dungeon master” . It would make for a great standalone spin off in the series.

Well, I wasn’t thinking of randomly generated levels as part of it as I was thinking more of user created content. Custom made levels. But you are right that this could be a good opportunity to introduce some of the randomization elements they were originally thinking of putting into the game. I’m not sure how much of the game you’d want to randomize though. There could be a Fast Travel station to allow travel between the Gearbox made maps/areas, one for the user created content and one for randomly generated levels perhaps? Tough levels like the randomly generated Nephalem Rifts from Diablo III. At any rate it’s just another idea to toss on the pile.

Moved to Borderlands 2 general discussion. Let’s get some chit chat here :smile_cat:

As long as GBX doesn’t use THAC0, there shouldn’t be any potential legal issues :blush:

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

It would be interesting to see how this game would translate to the pencil and paper RPG format, but that’s not really what I was going for here.

Your wish is my command.

I know. But I just mentioned THAC0 since Bunkers and Badasses is based upon Dungeons and Dragons. So if GBX decided to release a video game version of B&B and used certain concepts, GBX would likely have to get permission or at least an “official blessing” to do so from Wizards of the Coast. Wizards of the Coast would likely be fine with it. FYI, I am all too familiar with pen and paper D&D but haven’t played since my high school and college days over 20 years ago. I used to have the original Monster Manual, Dungeon Master’s Guide, Players Handbook, horribly painted figurines I should have let my friend paint, various different Modules, etc. :blush:

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Well, yet another idea that’s apparently fallen flat on its face. Oddly enough a few of my ideas that appeared to get no attention ended up getting into BL2 so I can only wonder if this is going to bear fruit or if it will be one of the ones that never amounts to anything.

As a former professional Level Designer, I would LOVE to have a terrain editor and an asset bank of objects to place and thus create my own BL levels (whatever versions they wish to allow us to make content for). It would allow makers to build B&B type levels, complete with quests and whatnot. Hell, you could even maybe make it allow for recording your own audio.

WigglyWarpedChimneyswift-size_restricted

2 Likes