Idea for advertising battleborn

hey guys, any of you play no mans sky? well i was thinking we could name things in the game after battleborn. we could name planets “Try Battleborn” or whatever. hopefully their is no rule against this.
thoughts?

1 Like

Funny idea, but people would just get annoyed.
Lots of people know battleborn is out there, but alot of people are already dead set on not playing the perceived overwatch rip off 5/10 game it was seen at launch.

I do support your idea though, see how it goes, worst case is that it is against a rule xD

2 Likes

ive already named one planet :slight_smile:

1 Like

No matter which member was the “target”, insulting comments like this are not welcome here.

Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

2 Likes

The best way to advertise Battleborn, or any game for that matter, is via word-of-mouth. So if naming planets helps, I say go for it. You should also answer negative reviews with positive ones and correct any misinformation. Part of BB’s problem was and is the sheer amount of misinformation and opinions presented as “facts” with little to no rebuttal. Anyway, good luck in your endeavors.

1 Like

No Man’s Sky being another notable gaming disaster, anyone who sees a Battleborn-named star in-game is going to assume it’s someone mocking both games.

2 Likes

I’m getting Destiny 2 for the PS4 and am considering leaving my current clan and starting a new one going into the sequel. Have been considering having it Battleborn themed then :grin:

6 Likes

Solus clan?

2 Likes

Don’t know!

“The Battleborn of Solus” possibly?

If @blainebrossart1 gets Destiny 2 as well, then it may just be called DPS Mikos in honour of our HGL tournament team. Because I mean, c’mon. DPS Mikos, right? :smiley:

3 Likes

Is the best miko!

1 Like

I’ve promised @lowlines I’ll play Destiny 2. It’s kinda cute imagining us all reunited there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

F*ck! Now I’m in more of a rush for September 8th to get here!

It’ll be fun to see which ones of us will get it and hopefully we’ll, as you say, reunite :smiley:

1 Like

They better continue to offer female mohawk options so I can be our clan’s official Mellka, haha

1 Like

Ha, hopefully they’ll have a lot more customisation this time around! Though I don’t think they’ll have a mushroom head :frowning:

1 Like

They need facial sliders with extreme settings, so you can make a very long, flat head. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If anything else I’ll grab a Mohawk and try to flatten it out :wink:

1 Like

Off Topic: @lemuren97 @EdenSophia
I already have my own tiny clan called the Friendly Ghosts. I’ve never had much success bringing in more members and even though I play a lot with another aussie clan called Hive Hunterz who run a massive 200+ clan alliance, I can’t bring myself to abandon my clan which i made with the vision of creating a place where everyone feels welcome, safe and can just be themselves. Also I was quite proud of the name and motto. :triumph:

The best way you can promote Battleborn is by telling other people about it in a positive light. The fact of the matter is, there appears to now be a new Strike in Destiny 2 where one of the AIs called Failsafe sounds remarkably like Beatrix albiet much more polite and less like she wants to open you up :smiley:

If you guys do end up doing your own Battleborn-themed clan, I’d be more than happy to form an alliance with you :wink:

2 Likes

Funny thing is that before I joined my current clan (around House of Wolves) I made a group in an attempt to try and get the last few trophies I needed as I didn’t think I’d ever join a proper clan. I conpletely forgot about this and had only gotten a couple of friends to join.

A few months ago I got a message through the Destiny app if I could authorise the group as a clan. Turns out that the group grew to 200+ members without my involvement and became an active LFG group. Funniest thing is that it became an Xbox One group rather than PS4 :sweat_smile:

Indeed, always have and always will!

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one hearing that! I actually thought it was Beatrix at first for a moment :sweat_smile:

Might just take you up on that!

3 Likes

You can count me in too. I’m 95% sure that I’m going to be buying Destiny 2 when it releases. I certainly wouldn’t mind joining up with all the forum folks again as it would be interesting playing a game other than BB with everyone.

3 Likes

Do it and when I’m able to join(it’ll be a few months after release at the earliest) I’ll bug you guys to spot an opening

2 Likes