Ideas for the Handsome dummy

I wish the Handsome dummy on Sanctuary was a little more functional for overall character testing. I think there should be an option to add armor/shield to test gear against different enemy types as well as a secondary target that could be shot to activate kill skills.

I don’t think that these would be massive changes for GBX to implement. It would produce a much easier testing environment for experimental builds.

2 Likes

i have no idea why they always have to do such bad target dummies, pre sequel was the best but could still have used a little bigger area and more targets

2 Likes

im actually surprised they didnt make a better dummy/think of it in the first place considering this is the second time its happened

Clusters of dummies to test splash damage/radius, diff health types, dummies of enemies to mimic hitboxes. dummies you could “kill” to test kill skills. sure its not a huge priority but itd be huge quality of life!

1 Like

It would be easier to just add cardboard cutouts for the 2 different health types. The shielded target should be a Guardian, and the armor target should be one of those Maliwan robots.

1 Like

It definitely shouldn’t be flesh based that throws off a lot of tests and confused people who don’t realize it.

Would be real nice if you could choose which type of bar it was ‘neutral’ ‘flesh’ ‘shield’ ‘armor’. If not that then just make it purely neutral.

1 Like

Also a damage LOG would be a good addition, so I don’t have to keep pausing the screen to see the numbers. There are times I just wanna see my overall damage and how it ramped up after a certain period of time and not just on the 1st and 2nd attack.

Right? Maybe set it to record damage for a 10 second loop?