Ideas to improve the Sliding Anointment

I am once again asking for constructive criticism/ideas/suggestions :+1:

Problem: The Sliding anointment is “bad” and people would rather have literally anything else.

Solution: Give it a knockback/knockdown similar to what Bulletstorm did. IMO this would be a great way to make it more fun and viable (without increasing DMG).

How would YOU make the anoint more fun and viable?

by leaving it alone it is a movement mechanic and does not need to give you damage nothing has to we have our skill trees and guns that is a lot of damage, we do not need damage for jumping sliding mantling spining 360 crouching for prolonged period of time and whatever else

2 Likes

You just nailed it. Give it knockdown or knockback and increase its damage!

1 Like

The number of times I’ve been sliding to cover in a heavy fight and ended up at an enemies gun barrel and died is silly. A little knockback could have saved me many times over!

2 Likes

AMEN to that! Sliding has no flow and isn’t rewarding. You slide into an opponent do ZERO damage + now you’re stuck in front of his barrel asking to die.

Improve sliding anointments by removing them! I’ll never use them. Sliding and aiming and shooting the same time on PS4? A dentist appointment is more fun.

1 Like

maybe give a % chance for shot not to consume ammo while sliding in addition of existing perks

1 Like

If sliding charged AMP damage of your weapon that would be cool. The longer you slide the more AMP damage your weapon charges.

So you (would pick a shotgun and) slide towards an enemy and shortly before impact you pull the trigger for maximum AMP damage.

Now the enemy either explodes from that AMPED shot or he survives and you slide into him. He then gets knocked down or knocked back from the impact of your slide.

I don’t even consider shooting during sliding, I just like manoeuvrability with a snowdrift. For me this game is run and gun not slide and gun.:slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

My suggestion would be to combine it with the airborne anointment so it would be x% (crit?)damage whilst sliding OR airborne.

As I understand it, sliding and airborne anointment damage buffs fall outside the regular damage formula and are more powerful than some other damage boosts.

1 Like

I also wouldn’t like sliding being buffed to a point where people feel like they have to creep across the floor like nonstop…just to deal meta damage xD
Similar to sprinting for sustain with moze xD

1 Like

While sliding the anointment delete itself from the game.

1 Like

They could give it knockback and give it a long pause animation like slam :rofl:

j/k please don’t let it pause the player like slam :sob:

2 Likes

while sliding, you get all NEO style, time stops and you are enter an immunity phase for 30 sec.

Mmmmm yes we LOVE immunity phases Kappa

1 Like

@jbow2020. That is the only reason I won’t use slam. Ffs, how hard could it be to let us spin on our axis while slamming? :thinking:

2 Likes

god that thing is infuriating i been doing freshplay to actually make use of relics intended interactions and slam pause is getting on my nerves hardcore. and at mayhem 2 there already is a cutoff to their damage effectiveness

2 Likes

Just wait till shields scale, picture the scene…

Zane our plucky loveable Operative is just about to visit his old buddy Capt Traunt so kills a grunt to proc the skills…

Violent speed + Snowdrift + Red Card = Almost Amara levels of melee mayhem :joy: :rofl: