If aurox were to be free

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #1

(Yes I like lore a whole lot) do you think he would kill shayne. I think he may not but will hurt her badly, however shayne would probably accidentally mock him into doing it

(Chibigod) #2

Naw Shayne’s overconfident but not stupid, she’s pretty strong without aurox (though obviously Aurox is the majority of her power)

Shayne’s pretty smart, in her lore you can see how she played defenseless to be taken in by Reyna and used them to her advantage till she saw an out.

Shayne is over confident and probably a little immature, but a big part of her character is being a survivor and hiding until the right moment to strike.

If aurox were to escape he’d probably attempt to kill her, but given she’s now friends with a squad of the strongest people in the universe they’d probably help her tame aurox or get rid of him.

Shayne and Aurox’s relationship interests me because I feel like they’re the only “I hate you” dynamic that is actually believable and not just a front, when aurox says he wants to kill shayne I believe that lol

(Where's lucky?) #3

I think he would kill all the things and then attack himself to bolder because we need more tank!!!

(Ambra's Arbiter) #4

Instantly. She’s kinda trapping him, and then tormenting him with the things she says.

(wisecarver) #5

If you listen to their dialog she is concerned about the Big Guy and he loves to protect her.
So…If he went wild into true Gearbox BEAST mode he would run quickly into a metal cage and lock himself in.

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #6

I like the dynamic too, it is pretty unique and actually done realistically

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #7

I always thought it was because shayne had the disruptor thing with her (could be dna for only her to activate though)

(Lazy Hermione) #8

I wish he was nicer to Shayne. He is kind of protective of her though?

Also if he were free maybe he wouldn’t kill anyone at all. Maybe he’d go to a poetry slam with Oscar and Montana.

(Where's lucky?) #9

Or he might just have a dance off with claptrap

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #10

I wonder what keeps him from killing shayne distracted, maybe the device has a lot of things unique for only shayne

(vutherac) #11

I took it at face value myself at first but I can definitely agree it’s a bit more nuanced than Aurox just being a slave against his will at this point (but he does not want to be a detective).

(crummysaint) #12

I’m not sure if it works the same way with space creatures but having contracted with a few demons in my day I’d say there’s a good chance that he’d realise no one is every truly free of their prison till they’re dead because all existance is a futile exercise and leave her to fleshy prison.

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #13

Yeah it seems aurox does have some freedom from ingame dialogue, but still a slave

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #14

Can you elaborate

(Penguin connoisseur.) #15

Eventually; but not until he tortured her very VERY slowly, over the course of many years. I’m a fan of the 'ol teeth crushing with pliers method myself, but i hear the KGB has this stuff they inject directory into your spine to simluate the feeling of being burned alive, which i’ve always wanted to tr- My apologies, i’m rambling out my fantasies again. Yes, i believe he would kill her; probably eat her heart, like he keeps yapping about.

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #16

He will paint several murals in her blood so I can see that

(Penguin connoisseur.) #17

I doubt Shayne has any family, but if so, Aurox could hurt her in a whole new way! He wouldn’t be bound to THEM, after all…

Seems like a love/hate relationship to. Aurox acts like he hates but really cares about her.

(The Red Bar Observer) #19

Aurox is from an endangered species viewed as a highly dangerous pest. Shayne is both his captor and his savior - if it weren’t for Shayne, he’d likely have been killed already. That’s why the dynamic is so dark and conflicted, I think. He gets to live, but he has to keep serving the whims of a violent, kleptomaniac space urchin.

If he was freed, he’d probably flee rather than eat her heart. Not because he doesn’t hate her, but because he might need her again, knowing that she’s the only Battleborn who’d stand up for him if he was caught again. Which for a being like Aurox is probably something close to feeling fondness.

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #20

That is really deep, as a master of shayne and aurox I always knew his species was endangered, but I never thought how shayne was his savior