If Borderlands 2 Characters Could Use BL1 Gear

(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #1

So.

If Borderlands 2 characters could use Borderlands 1 gear, which BL1 stuff would be the best for our Surly Sixsome and why?

Would a Double Anarchy be good on Gaige and why (I forget how Gaige works)?

Thank you all very much in advance!

1 Like
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2

Their combat rifles come to mind immediately. A Nemesis might be sick though (both shock and corrosive elements would be devastatingly novel in BL2).

2 Likes
(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #3

Why?

If I may ask…

1 Like
(How much time do we have?) #4

Can you imagine how much easier that would make shielded loaders, surveyors, constructors, and armoured Lunatics? That would, as Brick would say, be AWESOME!

2 Likes
(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #5

Fixed my stupid typos and game name confusion in OP.

1 Like
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #6

Those burst-fire combat rifles seem to have way tighter spreads than the rifles in BL2 on average… to be able to throw that tight of burst fire downwind would be nice. I mean, Hyperion’s Invader sniper rifle (with serious fire-rate buffs) is about as close as I get (and this rifle is incredibly good in that role).

Both dual-element weapons in BL2 are slag/shock. The Nemesis is both shock/corrosive, and would be brutal.

As I think about it, I do miss the huge knockback of Sleges’s Shotgun too.

2 Likes
(Punnery Sgt Cthulhu, reporting Sir.) #7

Yes? With Anarchy and Close Enough putting that much lead down range clears rooms, even with the 50% damage penalty of CE, and accuracy can suck it. It wouldn’t be far off from how I leaned on the Lascaux getting through UVHM with Gaige the first time. I also think that Gaige would love Sledge’s Shotgun and those machine pistols.

In general, I’d like Rain grenades back, and Proximity mines, with variable deliveries. Imagine the rage at homing or rubberized proximity mine drops, and the immeasurable joy when you get a longbow.

2 Likes
(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #8

Lascaux is my favourite gun in all Borderlands.

2 Likes
(Punnery Sgt Cthulhu, reporting Sir.) #9

I love how it’s just chilling in that pool.
-“whatcha doin?”
-“Nothing much. Just waiting for you to pick me up and make me vomit bullets at the various nuisances rolling around Pandora. We gonna do this or what?”

3 Likes
(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #10

Plus.

The amazing historical reference!

And…

…THE BULLET PATTERN OF A BULL, WHICH WAS ONE OF THE ANIMALS FEATURED PROMINENTLY IN THE LASCAUX CAVE WALL PAINTINGS!

2 Likes
(User2136) #11

No idea how splash/explosive damage worked in bl1, but I imagine an explosive sniper with zero would be fun if the explosive damage takes all his crit bonuses. Basically, a good cobra.

Tediore legendaries with ammo regen might be fun with a chucking axton, always have ammo to burn.

If the gun has as ridiculously high dot in 2 as it did in 1, defiler/kroms sidearm would be fun on sal with his pistol boosts. Spread the dot around and tank everything with a moxxie weapon

2 Likes

Any gear? Sure, give me that Mordecai sniper COM with the ridiculous ammo regeneneration and watch me never let go of the trigger on Lyuda.

Beyond that I wonder how a Bessie scaled to BL2 type stats would fare.

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine the BL1 Hellfire with Maya and Krieg (or anyone really). It would be so stupidly broken, it’d be amazing. :laughing:

3 Likes
(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #14

Mashers would be good with osok zero

4 Likes
(POOR IMPULSE CONTROL) #15

Melee Zer0 with the Reaper Pistol … :scream:

3 Likes
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #16

The Cobra (explosive sniper in BL1 similar to BL2 but without the cute skin) definitely seems to hit harder in BL1 than BL2 to me, but I don’t have facts to back this up.

3 Likes
(How much time do we have?) #17

Subjectively, I agree. I think that was a pretty common refrain on a number of BL1 weapons that have BL2 versions - the changes to the parts system often seemed to represent a bit of a ‘nerf’. @jhunter922 mentioned the Hellfire: while a version does exist in BL2, and it’s still a pretty good weapon, I’m not sure it compares to the BL1 version.

Or maybe it’s just that the weapon level means so much more in BL2 than BL1?

3 Likes

My understanding is that in BL1 DOT damage is based off of your level instead of the gun that’s getting the DOTs on. So yes, theoretically you could kill max level enemies with a lvl 1 Hellfire, especially since DOTs themselves were a lot more powerful in BL1.

2 Likes

I used Lilith on part 1 and Maya on part 2.

I would truly enjoy having the explosive SMGs and SMGs that you could really snipe with again. Also missed explosive Sniper Rifles.

1 Like