If the new anoints go away, I might be done

I know there’s a weekly post here with someone angrily quitting the game or throwing their hands up and yelling at the game devs, so I’m not here for that. However, I do wanna point out that I’ve put approx 1200 hours into a Moze and despite the game balance state, I haven’t had as much fun with her as I have when the 150 rad damage anoint came out.

Up until today, I was imagining all the future deathless builds I might create with new, yet unseen items that would finally really create strong Moze viable builds that didn’t rely on Short Fuze mechanics or mind sweeper (albeit those being super fun in their own way).

Now that I’m seeing that this anointment and several others will end with the cartel event, I’m realizing that these were never intended to create a permanent change to the player build base, but offer a temporary modification. Sadly, many of these anointments will never even be useful, such as the grenades 150% damage ones since grenades don’t scale yet and won’t scale until after the event. Not to mention how I never even farmed for some of them, since I assumed they were useless for her (but might be with a future patch after theyre no longer available, like 200% action skill active)

I love Borderlands. I have a personal connection to the game because it let me spend time with a disabled relative who could never visit. The gameplay and connection to an invested community of fun-loving gamers who enjoy similar quirky things are so great. However, this game has been an epic roller coaster of gameplay confusion as far back as the second patch that broke guardian ranks and as recently as the absolute confusing update that M2.0 has been.

I look forward to the game’s future, but without a decision by development to keep some of the few things that added much needed variety, I may not be a part of it.

We’ll see, keeping my fingers crossed, love y’all! #mozegang

3 Likes

the decision that cartel being time limited is ridiculous, we all know that. just like bloody harvest, having legitimate content but had to limited for 0 reason.

1 Like

Just saw a reddit post saying all anointments that were part of the cartel event will be staying. Had the borderlands official flair too so I think it’s legit

1 Like

There’s a Noelle post on here stating the opposite. :thinking:

They’re going to stay.

You can join the thread I have on this topic as well.

2 Likes

This was posted in the last hour, I’m doubtful until they confirm here though

2 Likes

and its from Borderlands Offiicial thanks for the link

“We’re happy to share that all anointments introduced during the Revenge of the Cartels event will remain in the loot pool after the event ends. That said, we value our community’s feedback, and will continue to evaluate anointments to ensure we’re giving players the best possible experience.”

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they post it here first though?

1 Like

Reddit is the weirdest place for them to post first, I agree. Makes me wonder if it’s actually them

Do you have a link to your thread on it? And yeah, the entire point is more about how the anointments are really kindof a last straw for some of this kinda silliness. I love the game, but i just cant handle continuous frustrations like this. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks. Honestly, if a mod wanted to dump this thread or merge or whatever, that’s fine. I looked through recent posts and didnt see @vCarpeDiemv’s. This one seems somewhat redundant now.

5 Likes

That’s good news, though I do wish the Cartel event its self would stick around too, it’s a good map with good music and overall good content. Don’t know how hard it would be to keep events like this in menus that we can activate or deactivate as we want. But it would be cool.

I like the increase in enemy spawns on maps too.

thanks, ThiccFila

1 Like

ha ha ha ha so much confusion, that s good news thanks for confirming

1 Like

Wanted to give an update here! We were able to make some changes in time and:

We’re happy to share that all anointments introduced during the Revenge of the Cartels event will remain in the loot pool after the event ends. That said, we value our community’s feedback, and will continue to evaluate anointments to ensure we’re giving players the best possible experience.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s a HUGE thing to confirm. Like i said in the OP, never gonna dog specifically on the people who dev this game. I know the dev team is always working hard. Cheers!

2 Likes