If we could have it all

What Nola said. All you need to do is jump before the shockwave hits. :wink:
Not hiding while Craw is telegraphing a leap (Craw even changes the way he moves before slipping into the ground backwards - he scurries much faster), and failing that not jumping before the shockwave, is good being punished by flying away and then landing in FFYL.

1 Like

I know it’s easily avoidable. Never said otherwise. Dosnt mean it cant be discussed.
Can’t speak for PA however.

[quote=“cajnatalie, post:177, topic:307555, full:true”]
What Nola said. All you need to do is jump before the shockwave hits. Not hiding while Craw is telegraphing a leap (Craw even changes the way he moves before slipping into the ground backwards - he scurries much faster), and failing that not jumping before the shockwave, is good being punished by flying away and then landing in FFYL.
[/quote]I R SUPER L33T TIMING PLAYER & TIMED IT PERFECTLY BEFORE!

Ok maybe not. Looks like some jump practice is in order.

[quote=“Kitty_Jo, post:178, topic:307555, full:true”]
I know it’s easily avoidable. Never said otherwise. Dosnt mean it cant be discussed. Can’t speak for PA however.
[/quote]I guess I never caught the tell or failed too often and made the deadly modern sin of assuming and the assumption was it wasn’t avoidable.
Another plausible reason is craw maggots and other pesky minions distracting me at the crucial moment (it’s been a bit since I did an honest attempt to fight Craw but I have very unpleasant memories of being launched into the air and feeling like it was unavoidable)

I had Craw telegraph a leap about 10 (probably more) seconds before actually doing the leap a few days ago.

He was at the small rock and I was deep out in the open bit and he suddenly cranked up the speed dial and was flailing his pincers trying to close the distance all of a sudden.
I turned to the large rock arch thing, ran, and got behind it before Craw finally leaped.

Basically if Craw turns on Moxxi’s Spastic Challenge he’s telling you “I want to jump”. Once you get used to spotting that the fight isn’t super stressful anymore.

A few more ideas…

• the Knoxx DLC should scale along with the rest of the game…or is there some real reason it doesn’t?
  • Circles of Death, Slaughter, and Duty could be made repeatable, with some kind of actual reward
  • The orange background of the Bank at the Underdome makes it near impossible to read anything purple
  • The number of digits shown for money (both the money you have and how much stuff costs) could be increased. That would mean that you could actually see how much awesome weapons are worth, and the price to buy them wouldn’t max out at 9,999,999.
  • related: the price-change mechanic (bug?) would then be usable for all weapons, not just those that are pretty good but not perfect. Right now most (all?) perfect weapons are still pegged out at 9,999,999.

Since this is a Christmas list (more or less right?) I figured I might as well repost an idea in another thread regarding the Farmory Glitch:

1 Like

Playing Knoxx 2.0 at/under the correct level range without using high quality gear can be painfully difficult.
If it were to scale before giving you a loot run to catch up… eh maybe I’d play Zombo Island first but you know what I’m getting at.

Ain’t really broke. I don’t enjoy the prison without a Hellfire and Knoxx took forever on a couple of characters. So it doesn’t really need upgrading as is.

On the topic of loot and to a lesser extent items cards, what if the inspection function for loot in BL2 and TPS were to be added?

1 Like

Inspection wouldn’t change anything, and give part-hunters a hand so they don’t have to drop stuff and shove their faces in to the screen to manually inspect, so I’d take it. =D

1 Like

Right now the problem is that if you play zombie island first, you end up way overleveled for Knoxx…especially if you did a bunch of sidequests in the vanilla game. Not saying it needs to be leveled higher, but I think it should standardize to whatever level you are, just like the other 2 DLC do.

Item inspection would be great.

1 Like

Inspection would enable me to see repeater/MP actions, so yes please.

1 Like

If they do that, can they also make it so that Torgue and Atlas have a material identifier in the code like the other manufactures do?

Other stuff:

I didn’t see anything about this (it’s probably in there and I just missed it), but make unfarmables like King Wee Wee, Kyros, and the Assassins respawn. As current, my Roland is strictly solo only because I left the quest to kill the Assassins open so I could farm for perfect Specters, and I’m scared that if I join someone or if they join me that I will lose the quest. I also won’t do Ajax/Armory runs with him because the group at the beginning of Road’s End are the group I kept alive to leave the quest open, and I’m worried that accidentally killing one of them with a car will cause the objective to complete itself and I won’t be able to farm the other groups anymore.

Also, new idea on what to replace Smirk with. In BL2, Zer0 has a skill called Optics, which, among other things, reduces the penalty for being shot while ADS with a sniper. Maybe that would be a good substitute for Smirk since the shot while ADS penalty appears to be greater in BL1.

I’d rather not have Smirk replaced(if it was) by something else. Maybe an addition, or changed into a kill skill, similar to Lilith’s Intuition.
I do like the idea of the -sniper sway/move when hit though. Fits with the Sniper tree, sounds good.

Well, not replaced. Keep the name and icon, but just change the effect :P.

How about we add to it rather than replace it? Maybe make it do something like “getting a critical hit kill increases all gun damage by -insert%- for -insert time length-” as well?

I’d rather have it changed to less recoil penalty from being shot. Make sniping more enjoyable.

Getting a ko reduces recoil penalty or a passive recoil penalty reduction? Recoil from being shot obviously, just didn’t want to make it too long and wordy for such a small clarification.

Improve the Tsunami’s tech pool. As current, it doesn’t proc often enough to really be good. It should be an SMG version of the Nemesis, and be able to give the Nemesis a run for its money. Suggestions:

1. Massively increase it’s tech pool
  2. Have the proc costs be extremely low
  3. Super fast tech pool regen/recovery
  4. Any combination of the above

Edit: Adding to the Underdome modifier window fix, has the loot getting stuck in the spawn point ever been fixed?

Also, next to the Lower mat3 Priority request, could you add onto it by asking for Iron, Steel, White, and Pearl materials to be given an identifying code next to the stock/magazine number like the other manufacturers do?

1 Like

Having never found a Tsunami, I’ll have to trust you on that one!

I’ve never had loot stuck…maybe it’s fixed, maybe I’m lucky? I had never heard of that.

I’ll add a bunch of stuff soon. Haven’t updated it in a while.

The only way I’ve found to make it proc enough is to use it in a Tempest build. Spark and the Effect Chance 5th line are required for it to proc enough to be good. When I tried it on Roland with a Shock Trooper, the Nemesis out performed it in every way.