If we were to get DLC Vault Hunters

What would you want to see? I want to hear what kind of crazy ideas people have for BL3 VHs now that we have seen how the existing ones operate.
Would you want to see a new take on the Psycho? Maybe a VH closer to Zanes original Gunslinger designe? How about a Mechromancer that uses Hyperion tech like Wilhelm and has a pet like FL4K.

Personally one of my dream Characters would be a new take on the Psycho. The Twist would be that she is a Hog and actually has a Midget companion which uses one of your 4 weapons. This would effectively make it two vault hunters in one. We could have a tree revolving around making your partner more deadly and Its action skills would be to fire her companion with a shock wave doing damage to everyone in front of her and knocking them down.
Her next tree would be focused specifically on grenades and getting benefits after throwinga grenade or using her action skill. It would use the Hogs Mine launcher and can place a variety of different proxy explosives around the battlefield. Lastly give her a engineer tree that give her and her companion better equipment based on the map and types of enemies she is facing, kinda like FL4K but is more defensive instead of offensive. Its action skill calls here trusty companion to craft a special Turret that stays until enemies kills it.

I’d love to hear what other ideas people have.

1 Like

I’d like a Goliath vault hunter, with one of the action skills just consisting of taking the helmet off and going absolutely ham, whilst getting temporary level-ups for every enemy killed.

4 Likes

I posted in some other thread but I like to see dual weapon character and a pure melee focus character with melee AS like how Krieg has a melee weapon. Those two would satisfy me whether from old VHs or brand new one.

I think the dual welding VH (maybe a Jakobs person) can have the option to modify their base AS. Three choices could be Jakob AS that boost Jakob pistols even further, second could be dual weld any weapons not just pistol, and last could be dual weld pistols at a cost of Jakobs bonus but gain great ammo regen and moderate health regen

I can’t help but to feel I crave for a Gunslinger VH

1 Like

I would really only be interested in something entirely new.

A flying vault hunter would be very interesting especially with airborne anointment that doesn’t really work all that well overall.

A guardian could be very interesting with the right skill set, but I have trouble picturing guardians with guns.

4 Likes

Gonna copy paste from a similar thread 'cause I love these sorts of threads.

3 Likes

I might be one of the few, but i kind of liked Aurelia’s contractual aristocracy skill tree. Something built around co-op/team play.
I wouldn’t mind seeing a character that could take advantage of some of the lesser used gear. Projector shields, sniper rifles, slow fire rate weapons. Maybe could take advantage of the slide and slam mechanics.
I also would like a more stand your ground type character, one that doesn’t require so much running and jumping around all the time.

So… Some sort of Sure shot/ Fortress/ Support skill tree combo would be cool. Have bonuses for aiming down sights for extended periods of time. Bonuses for crouching while shooting, damage reduction while crouching. A bulldoze extended slide, basically an instant escape route if you got in too deep. Or a slide that puts up temporary shields on the edges of the slide. So if a friend was downed you could slide in with a projector shield and basically create a little safety alley to get them up. Or use it offensively as a way to create something like above ground trench warfare.
After you slam you gain double revival speed, some sort of melee repellent elemental aura.

A little scattered and not well thought out, but something like that.
Also, I think it would be cool if the new character came with attached DLC were you had to go rescue them, or prove yourself to them. Then they would unlock. Just a touch more than just simply getting a new character.

2 Likes

You are definitely not the only one. My friend and I had a blast playing BLtps with me as his slave. When he first started reading the skills I was in tears laughing.
These where honestly the best co-op interaction based skills. BL3s are definitely flashier with stuff like Disteubuted denial or Dakka Bear but I like the more practical and focused skills Aurelia had.

1 Like

Having a “Do no harm” Character would be cool as heck. Iv always liked the idea of say having a skill that would Life Steal for a designated partner. Maybe have a skill that drains enemy HP and returns it to people as shields. Get a mixture of The Medic from Team fortress and Kleese from Battleborn XD.

2 Likes

A duel wielding gunslinger vampire… with a robot pet and aristocracy tree. :+1:

I would love to seee them branch out with more alien races and reality manipulation from the eridian devices with VHs looking more like the cast of battleborn.

3 Likes

Maybe a Jabber Vault Hunter? Heck we finally got a Robot character so maybe an unshackled Guardian isn’t that far out of the realm of possibility.

1 Like

Ifs just so frustrating we get to go into SPACE and there are no alien races besides Maurice? They really could of kicked open the door but instead we got mediocrity at its best.

I’d love a goliath (action skill: remove helmet) or Tink (AS: craft turret), as a COV VH.
Also, A Hog/Hag that could summon Tinks would be cool. They could be equipped with the last weapon you used before your current one, maybe.

An eridian VH, like a Cheru guardian would be great. It’d probably need to have high shields and low hp, and use a staff as a melee attack. The skill trees would focus on boosting shields, movement speed, etc. It’d have action skills that let it turn into a Sera Guardian (can fly up, down, left and right, but not forward and backwards, using the left stick, firing bolts of energy), a Spectre (wields two blades and melee attacks), or a Wraith (becomes charged with various elements).

1 Like

I’d love an evolved saurian VH. Talks like Maurice, but more feral.
Melee attack would be claws. Action skills would be 1) Bite of Glory - puts away weapons and attacks with a powerful bite, holding enemy in place while you slash with claws. 2) On the Hunt - massive boost to movement speed and melee attack damage, and melee attacks while moving throw enemies back and knock them down (except for bosses, etc). 3) Call of the Pack - emits a powerful howl that summons a second saurian on a target (location or enemy), that attacks the target then seeks out nearby enemies for a short time.

2 Likes