IGNs top 4 player co-op games of all time

Borderlands 2 came in at 7

4 Likes

Beaten by GTA and Halo 3? Seriously?! Reading the article it doesn’t seem to have a lot of depth, merely brief explanations, but I can’t disagree with Diablo 3. Well, except for this part - “Diablo 3’s easy-to-grasp gameplay”

One thing that I think sets BL2 and DIII ahead of the rest is endgame content, both games have a lot to offer for the completionists and die-hards, as well as a lot of lore and in-depth story telling that is lacking in some of the other mentioned games.

I’d probably even have had Call of Duty: Black Ops - Zombies in there as well, it was at the height of the CoD franchise’s popularity and the most popular thing about CoD at the time, ironically.

8 Likes

Agreed.

It’s IGN.

They find one of the Pokemon games containing too much water, and Carmageddon: Max Damage got criticised for being “too 90’s”.

3 Likes

Too much water? What was he hydrophobic

3 Likes

Seriously? That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Yeah these lists are generally pointless but its still nice to see it up there

1 Like

Nothing is ever “too 90s”

1 Like

Appearantly so. Thanks for the good laugh, kudo’s.

I wish I was lying.

In a game like Carmageddon I welcome the fact that the feel is unchanged. But that’s a subject for a diffirent topic.

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

2 Likes

Anyway. To keep it on topic.

Cynicism aside, it is stil nice to see Borderlands 2 on such a list. It being one of my all time favorite games and all.

To be fair, the Hoenn region (gen III and gen VI remakes) probably did have too much water, but yes I do see your point. I seldom rely on IGN for game reviews and I hold them partly responsible for BB’s bad early reception.

Indeed, BL2 is a masterpiece. I was hoping to see DIII up there as well, not that this list really counts for anything, but hey they’re great games and they deserve a mention anywhere. Could’ve mentioned RoS though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You disagree that D3 is “easy to grasp”?

Yes, I do. The basic commands may be simple enough to understand, but the core mechanics of the game are complex.

1 Like

Except the 90s

You have a point

1 Like

The list seems limited to the games the author played. I am surprise he picked Left 4 Dead over Left 4 Dead 2, wouldn’t the latter be more relevant. No Dying Light, No Warframe Coop, No Mass Effect Coop, no Rayman Origin, No Sonic All Star Racing, No Mario Party, Smash, I mean Hello, Nintendo.

I don’t get this list.

4 Likes

I definitely agree on dying light and warframe

1 Like

Oh hell yes, can’t wait for the next installment!

1 Like

especially music!! best music decade.

1 Like