I'm done with battleborn

Thank you, any update from the meeting when the first patch might be or possible fixes that will come with it?

I’m just a mod, not an employee so we don’t have that info.

Yeah Gali will get fixed, idtga should be one shot per combo rotation, shield stun should be traited in to and the base ability should be used for corruption gain. She shouldn’t have a silence at all as she already has defenses against ranged and Melee primaries that can kill people if she just holds her shield up. It stands to reason she shouldn’t have a counter for skills on top of that.

That said if they didn’t change her I’d just do what I always do when I see Gali (or Rath for that matter): run.

The problem is the launch numbers are so small and the player numbers over the weekend were even smaller than at launch. That is incredibly discouraging. There are so many things driving players out of the game, that if you see something that seems broken enough, reducing the numbers even to the point of not being played makes sense this early. It is better to be under powered than over powered this early. You deal with underpowered characters by not picking them. You deal with overpowered characters by hoping yours snowballs faster or is the better player, which is incredibly unfun for most players who do not get to play the imba one.

There is also the fact that Galilea has had issues for a while now. It isn’t like this issue got raised the day of launch.

1 Like

Holy crap someone making a good point based on actual evidence.

1 Like

Today’s steam numbers

The right hand column is what they topped out at for the day and the left hand column is the current player count. No idea what UK chart they topped, but it isn’t helping their player count.

They had 12k players on Tuesday last week at launch and they topped out at around 9k players on Saturday. I am still hoping that this coming weekend without Overwatch pulling people into their beta we will have better numbers.

I almost hate steam for even letting me see these numbers.

2 Likes

Wierd. I play ps4 and I’ve seen a lot of new blood online as of late. Many new low levels etc.

2 Likes

Gali changes incoming

Yeah?

Oh thank god… Maybe there is some hope. My best guess is that it’s another baby nerf though.

I can feel your frustration, a big patch is needed urgently for balance.
If it makes you feel any better, having recently played crap ton of Overwatch it suffers even bigger balance issues than Battleborn. Some could argue it’s by design but there is some seriously game-breakingly OP classes in Overwatch such as Turrets and the Archer which can pretty much win on their own. Without exaggerating: the Archer can kill most classes with a single shot, turrets can pretty much kill anyone within 2 seconds (I counted). So Battleborn definitely isn’t unique in having these sorts of issues.

I am definitely willing to give Battleborn more chances with each patch as I believe Gearbox can fix the game :slight_smile:

I will be playing both games in the future!

Galilea is better than she was in beta, she needed that nerf. I also want to give Gearbox time to make balance changes in a reasonable manner rather than a knee jerk one. Overall though, I just feel like Galilea simply has an overstuffed kit. She has health regen, she has an escape, she buffs her attack damage, she has a silence, she has a stun, she even has ranged attacks with that helix option, I mean, what exactly does she not do?

I just cannot see any reason for her to have so many tools available to her. The fact that she can create a roving “death zone” that follows her around and makes her nearly invincible is just icing on the cake. I mean, the only reliable way to beat Galilea is to stay the hell away from her and that’s not always easy, especially if you’re trying to defend your objective.

Anyway, I’m not leaving the game and like I said, she is a lot better. In open beta if she got me with the stun, that was it, I’d die. Now I can actually survive and run away so she is not as ridiculous as she was. She just still seems like a character who does everything and has no real weaknesses. Telling people to “stay away” from her is stupid advice as that is the general rule of thumb with any melee character. If I’m Oscar Mike or Toby or Marquis I want all the melee characters to stay away from me.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, having recently played crap ton of Overwatch it suffers even bigger balance issues than Battleborn. Some could argue it’s by design but there is some seriously game-breakingly OP classes in Overwatch such as Turrets and the Archer which can pretty much win on their own. Without exaggerating: the Archer can kill most classes with a single shot, turrets can pretty much kill anyone within 2 seconds (I counted).

That’s a bit of a stretch. Turrets are immobile and can be killed by two sniper shots, 2 rockets, 2 grenades, etc. They are super easy to deal with. A Bastion can be killed with 3 sniper shots, 3 rockets, etc. Everything in that game has counters and you can switch characters at any point in the match unlike in Battleborn where you can’t switch classes to counter once the match has started.

Anyway, turrets, bastion, and Hanzo(the archer) are all considered sub-par at higher skill levels. They only stomp on new players who haven’t learned how to counter yet.

Not when you can have multiple turrets, especially in maps with limited access to a capture points. It becomes really problematic even with multiple tanks, Overwatch’s maps aren’t entirely balanced IMO.

There should be a free version of PvP only Battleborn with only a few heroes. This way, those who prefer Freemium games (not me) are happy and they can pay for access to higher level characters.

Though personally I’d prefer if the characters you bought weren’t unlocked immediately, still having the level restriction to keep it fair for everyone else.

Again, I’m not a fan of Freemium games but there sure are many people on Steam which are! It may even convince them to buy the full game once they see how good it is :slight_smile:

[quote=“jmorales20, post:41, topic:1422508, full:true”]Overall though, I just feel like Galilea simply has an overstuffed kit. She has health regen, she has an escape, she buffs her attack damage, she has a silence, she has a stun, she even has ranged attacks with that helix option, I mean, what exactly does she not do?
[/quote]

a pull, life-steal, two different ways to completely negate healing (does anyone else even do that?), the ability to sprint while attacking, she can heal allies, damage reflect, a block, a slow, a hasten… the list goes on, and because of her helix, she can have most of these all at the same time, and there’s almost never a bad option in her entire kit.
I had a conversation with a guy who plays her the other day and he was like “she’s not OP” and we started talking and I asked him to name any other character in the game who has as half as many counter tools in their kit, anyone… you can pull literally any ability (or three) out of her kit and she’d still perform well. You could completely forget to uprgade half of her helix and she’d still be a monster.

Seriously though, why is her “ability” pull better than Klees’s ultimate blackhole pull?

1 Like

The sales of battleborn are 52% on PS4 46% on Xbox One rest in UK is on steam so 2% lol

1 Like

You know, for having such a “small” % of buyers on PC, I’ve rarely waited longer than a minute to queue up for an Incursion map. I also don’t see the same names really ever so…good enough for me.

Now the other 2 PvP modes I don’t really queue for too often, so I don’t know what their queues are like.

Can we stop doomsaying though? It always blows my mind that people want to come onto a forum and talk about how it’s a dead game or something, as if that is going to ever put out a positive result.

I was playing all 3 last night and never waited more than a couple of mins, most were within seconds