Im looking forward to the new helloween event

I have been told this is going to happen. Not sure if it really will or when.anyone else looking forward to this?

4 Likes

Meh, i don’t want to get even more anointments than what we have currently.
Also it’s a pain to farm skulls over and over to get into Heck, you should be able to go whenever.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that they make it so the Ghast Call and Shield can come anointed, Otherwise very unfortunate.

I’d also like if the whole “Fear” graphics and sounds are redone for something much less annoying to use. I like the idea, but the sound and swirling green thing makes it really hard to use them (makes me more nauseous than the normal vfxspam)

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a vindicator ghast call

2 Likes

Ive been searching for an announcement about this but cant find any. Would be nice to get a conformation one way or another. But i am looking forward to it if we get one.

2 Likes

I wasn’t playing the last time this was around. What’s it like?

1 Like

You talk to Maurice to get missions to collect ectoplasm. Several challenges , sometimes kill haunted targets .Once you get the ectoplasm return to Maurice.Then you can go to heck.Lots of haunted enimies some have loot skulls yellow.I thought it was a lot of fun.

4 Likes

I saw a vid on youtube new skins, trinket weapon skin.I can not remember if it starts before,Helloween or the same week.

I’m hoping its going to come back. Mostly, I just want fearmongers. I loved that damn gun

3 Likes

I miss Heck, that was a really fun map to romp around in. The skulls were fun too, and hopefully we’ll be able to turn them on an off this time.

My guess is they will announce something on the next borderlands show which I’ve heard is supposed to be early October (Next week maybe?). That’s usually when we get roadmaps and whatnot.

2 Likes

I am for a few reasons, however the terror EP anoint can stay gone as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

Last year it dropped on October 24 - December 5 so if they keep up their routine of new content dropping on Thursdays then we might anticipate it dropping on October 22 or 29.

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBH-1H78dJQ

link to youtube vid

2 Likes

I d love very much for it to be back and do terror builds again

1 Like

I didn’t care for the events (Halloween, Valentines and Mafia spring?) They were annoying filler and brought in the most broken weapons and gear. They are basically testing grounds for new gear inside our beta release game…

However i do understand people enjoyed them… so just make them OPTIONAL. Having those skulls everywhere last year without the ability to opt out was so annoying.

Since subsequent events could be turned on and off in your echo, I’m assuming that will be the case this time around as well. Pretty sure GBX heard all the complaints about that last Halloween, especially with the long event duration.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply but I disagree with the notion you could turn if off without effects to the game. Skulls everywhere in halloween was gross. (Can’t speak on the valentines day one as i barely played during that time, mostly in part to I hated forced events). Cartel even broke drop rates. Unless you fought cartel enemies and wanted cartel gear… all other drops didn’t happen. Now this may have been due to M2.0 being released at the same time as Cartel (which was also a poor choice and caused even more of a cluster or problems). The track record has been when an event releases, the game turns to garbage for weeks. They have not figured out how to turn it off without having drastic effects.
So i will keep my skepticism on any upcoming events until I see that they don’t affect my gameplay as someone who doesn’t want to take part.

Cartels

As @VaultHunter101 said, both events that came after the halloween event had a toggle on/off - i don’t see any reason to why it shouldn’t be the case with a return of the halloween event this year.

5 Likes

The Cartels event came on the back of a mini-event that had boosted drop rates, so I can see why this would create the impression that they had been broken by the event. But I had characters running with and without Cartels active, and the drop rates were the same.

6 Likes

I’m very excited to be able to run Heck again. I loved the map, it was the perfect length and it was a fun run. The special Halloween gear is all awesome… I want new L65 M10 versions of all that stuff! It will surely be toggleable just like all events have been nowadays.

For anyone worried about the Terror anointments, recall that they will be isolated exclusively to Heck. You won’t be getting Terror-specific anointments unless you have the event on. Can’t remember when last year they implemented this, but I recall this being a change they made. I’d need to crawl back through all the Borderlands News updates.