I'm not great at art, but I do enjoy it

I’m no professional when it comes to art, but hey, I enjoy drawing every so often. So I decided to at least have a go at drawing Deande, my favourite Battleborn.

I know it’s not much and it’s very simplistic, but as I said, I’m no great artist. I just draw because I like it, even though I can’t shade and I’m no good at drawing those realistic details that others can either. That’s also why I stick to easier, cartoon-ey styled pictures. :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I was happy with the way this drawing turned out, so I decided to share it. Hope you like it.

EDIT: Made some adjustments to the image based on feedback. Also added a new background because the Jennerit seem to like their angular geometry. =P

27 Likes

Very nice. I’m always happy whenever someone posts fan art.

1 Like

Seconded. You do well, @Phoenix-2613, you do well! Likes await when they refresh in four hours… :unamused:

2 Likes

Thank you @blainebrossart1 and @HandsomeCam. I appreciate it. :blush:

Even professionals start out as amateurs.

I like it. Those other techniques you mentioned come with knowledge and practice, so there’s no need to apologize for not knowing how to do them.

:dukeaffirmative:

I do have some feedback though:

1. Her face and hair have a good bit of detail and I like that, but her outfit seems a bit flat. Maybe a few more details would help it stand out better. The face should be the focus point, but the outfit just disappeared for me.
  2. She looks like she only has 3 fingers. Widening the hand a touch should give you enough space to hint at or draw the “missing” finger.

As I said above, her face, hair, and hair accessories look very good and you should be proud of your accomplishments. Please share any more you decide to draw in the future. :dukeaffirmative:

1 Like

Hey, I really like the Deande!
I like the cartoon like style, and the colors.

Keep it up!

Also, you shouldn’t worry if its too simplistic. As long you enjoy making it, it doesn’t matter!

1 Like

Thanks @Gulfwulf for the feedback. I’ll edit it as soon as I get the chance.

Edit: Done! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Beautiful! please share some more with us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s amazing. (Much better than I could ever do haha). My only possible criticism would be the upper arms look a lil weird and she seems to be missing a finger. Everything else though… the makeup is on point, the hair is gorgeous, and the accessory is beautiful. Oh, wait. Her head appears to… spike up? Near where her hair begins

1 Like

this picture is nemo approved! since I would be doing Deande an injustice with my drawing I tend to stick to writing, so fan art of the best battleborn is always a nice treat.

this is no problem. there is elegance in simplicity just as in complexity. Why do think I rock the infitrator skin? :wink:

1 Like

Added some shading to help it stand out a little bit more. Hopefully this makes her dress seem a little less bland.

Attempted to edit the hand a little by making it wider and the fingers longer. Whether it properly hints at a fourth finger or not though I’m still unsure about. :confused:

If it still needs a changin’, let me know and I’ll try again 'till I get it right.

Will do! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

FTFY. :wink:

1 Like

Haha thanks. Looks great! Am I misremembering or is the background new? Nope I’m misremembering and simply never took note of how nice it looks

1 Like

Yup, changed the background just to match with the Jennerit theme more.

1 Like

Ultimately it’s your work, so if you’re happy with it, that’s all that matters. One rule of thumb is to remember that more detail is usually better. I like what you did with her outfit because it adds depth and we can see that she has curves now. :dukeego: I think maybe adding some shading above her jawline to define it might be good as well. Here’s an in-game shot to show what I’m talking about:

1 Like