I'm still confused and actually getting very angry, as a fan

Bear with me, please, these are the strong emotions of someone addicted to this game.

Most of you know I prefer Story mode, and the dlc missions.
That’s my right and as such I personally have always wished Battleborn shared a lot more with BL2.
This game is essentially dead but BL2 is still very popular, for several good reasons.

The thing I’m seeing online, but not hear of course, is the characters keep getting nerfed while the game is dying.
This unfortunately is true.
Ambra and Rath are much less powerful in the story dlc now.
Yes I can still do fine with both of them but it’s not as much fun anymore.
Rath for example spins for just a fraction of the time needed, very hard to spin on many bosses now.

Yeah I’m griping about the game but I just bought another copy.
I already said I’m addicted. :wink:

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I hear you on the story mode thing, as that’s pretty much all I play (I am REALLY BAD at PvP). And it’s frustrating finding that certain characters you used to enjoy are really tough to use now.

I understand that the game was never intended as a solo experience.

I also understand that it’s really hard to balance across both PvP and PvE modes.

One solution might be to introduce specific gear items that could only be used in PvE, that would boost things like Rath’s ult duration, the range on Ambra’s primary, etc. They could call them “Ultimate [insert name here]”

How about it @Jythri? Would that even be a possibility?

3 Likes

May I ask what is it you don’t like about Ambra in PVE? I know you have way more PVE experience than me… but she’s always been one of my two go-to characters whenever I want to go farm a legendary without having to really pay attention (the other easy pick being Galilea.)

I don’t think I’ve ever used her beam in PVE, at any point during her nerf-buff-nerf cycle, so I’m not sure what’s changed to make her less fun.

1 Like

I miss pre-nerf Marquis on story missions. I beat many missions in under 20 minutes thanks to his insane DPS.

2 Likes

That beam reduction was really that bad? Have you accounted for the buffs to the beam, as well as her Sunspot cooldown, heat gain increase, and 1.5 × damage on one of her skills?

1 Like

You should see the nerfs as making the game a bit harder and a bit more challenging for the veterans. ^^
I’ve never had any trouble enjoying pve content even after so many nerfs to many characters. (I just don’t like to play certain characters on missions - like Kelvin for example).

The harder it is - the more I enjoy fps games overall.

¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

3 Likes

Yeah, her beam isn’t remotely useful in PvE since it has worthless DPS and can’t crit. Nothing about her PvE viability has changed since the series of significant buffs.

2 Likes

That was my thought too. I just alternate between Scorching Strikes crits and building up heat with Solar Wind/Ritual of Repulsion until I hit 7, and then it’s fireballs forever!

Well if im correct battleborns deal slightly more dmg in pve than PvP…

1 Like

But it accumulates heat which can then make your next melee strike much more damaging (especially if you crit with that.) So yes, it is actually useful. The issue now being the range at which it’s effective for grabbing some heat and health while doing some damage, without taking too much damage yourself. It (and Kleese’s taser) were also some of the more effective means of dealing with Golems. I’ll have to take the new version for a spin later today and see what it’s like.

1 Like

You actually lower your DPS by using the beam to build heat though - it’s more damage to just use an empty Scorching Strike and repeatedly crit with it. Every use of Ritual of Repulsion refills the heat bar anyway.

1 Like

The thing is… I totally understand about how some characters may feel nerfed because they are complimenting PVP more than PVE but some of those characters are ULTRA STRONG with 3 legendaries equipped- something that is really hard to do in PVP because shards can be used somewhere else. So if you equip 3 legendaries on a character for PVE I believe they will be fine IMO

1 Like

Ever fight ISIC on the Algorithm using Symbiotic Gauntet, Vigilant Power Scouter and Vow of Zealous Fury with Marquis? Easiest boss fight ever. Like, holy ■■■■ his health just drops.

1 Like

Nope but I can only imagine. Bring a Reyna with you for a priority target and a power shield (16% damage buff when shielded) and become a god.

2 Likes

They could just nerf the PVE enemies, especially if there is just one player

What’s even better is bring another Marquis. You can trigger each other’s passives so the damage scales really high. My funnest time on a story mission was with 5 Marquis on the Algorithm, by far the fastest time I’ve ever had killing ISIC. Setting up an army of Hoodini’s before some of the boss fights was also fun.

1 Like

They get a 15% damage buff (roughly) if running solo.

We did a 5 man Ghalt on The Renegade, Advanced.

“Oh, its OOOON now!”

1 Like

You can build heat using solar wind. Enemies in PvE are mindless. The range never mattered, because they never ran away, only towards. Seriously, I can understand someone complaining about character viability in PvE (only barely though), but Ambra is not one of those characters. Ambra is still a very powerful PvE character, primarily because she deals excellent AoE damage with her skills and has incredible self-sustain. As for golems, now that they can be crit, you should be going for those with attacks that can crit.

1 Like

Not arguing with you about that, but I would like to point out that it is her primary attack. So guess which attack is most likely to be used when people start playing her for the first time? And not everyone is going to take the time to sit down and do the analysis, or search for information on what’s the best way to play her; I’d imagine most casual players are going to think “primary attack is primary” too. So maybe Ambra’s primary and secondary should be switched? (Would play havoc with experienced players’ muscle memory though!)