I'm thinking about Coming back to this game

Who are the best supports in the current state of Battleborn ?
I mainly use support when I play competitive, so I wanna pick the best support for my team :slight_smile:

I would be glad to know which supports are the best for each game mode, to be more specific.

1 Like

Miko is best pocket healer. Alani is the best rescuer. Ambra is best battle healer. Kleese and Reyna are both shielders. Beatrix is for debuffing and after playing with and against Kid Ultra I’m still not sure what he’s supposed to do.

His passive buffs his allies’ attack and is supposed to help push.

1 Like

Kid Ultra is a oddball healer to me.

1 Like

KU is like your friends saying they are tired and you throw a Gatorade at them :smile:

3 Likes

Well, assuming by competitive you mean drafting mode, you’ll be playing supports more by what the draft allows rather than what’s best for each mode/map.

Never heard that analogy before.

1 Like

Ambra seems the most generally useful in pubs, as she can hold wave, finish kills, and push with her ult while still healing your team quite well. If your team strat has more than one tanky character, Miko takes precedence.

Alani is still the best second support if you’re going to play two on a team.

5 Likes

Kid Ultra with AOE Drones heals better than Ambra - he doesn’t need to babysit the drones.

2 Likes

I’d still say that as long as the enemy doesn’t have many wounds Alani is the best support, simply because of all the utility (CC) she brings with her along the heals. Against wounds Ambra or KU are best, they’re safe picks.
Miko is also an ok pick in incrusion, outside of that I think too easy to kill.

Kleese and Reyna can’t really be primary healers but Reyna is still a beast in capable hands. Kleese is an old fart.

1 Like

Kleese is the strangest support imo. He feels more like a territorial defender to me.

1 Like

Yeah, shield healing isn’t that useful with most characters. (Excellent with chars like Deande and Shayne though) Kleese is definitely an odd one, I don’t really understand why GBX went with a shield healer when most characters shield is only 300 and one faction doesn’t have shields at all. And it’s not like the game’s bursting with a broad support roster anyway.

Oh yeah, and on Beatrix, pairs great with melees. Absolutely amazing wound. Good pick on Incursion if you want to counter enemy supports.

1 Like

Heal chair artillery to the rescue!

1 Like

miko is generally seen as the best support for incursion due to the sheer amount of healing given to keep teammates up. the downside to miko is little damage output, so you’re heavily relying on your teammates for dps.

for meltdown matches I’d rather look at alani or ambra as both have better wave clear with their ultimates and can control lanes with riptide/geysers or sunspots/solar wind.

reyna or kleese as a single support can be rough, but can work into specific team comps. reynas damage is lacking and struggles with wave clear; kleese is easily countered with snipers and ghalt.

5 Likes