I'm worried I might not like Meltdown Finale :(

Soo Finale is intriguing, and I think it’ll add some new depth. I almost wish it wasn’t there though, because it’s almost changing the core of Meltdown. I almost wanted to start a Meltdown tournament, because it felt like the CTT. I think the changes might make it less viable for competitive play. :unamused:
Thoughts?

1 Like

Take a number and get in line, haha…

2 Likes

A lot of good arguments were made in this thread about the changes. The devs even came in and talked about it too.

1 Like

GBX is determined to balance the game through tweaking the meta rather than addressing some core balance issues. Hopefully they prove me wrong with the winter update, but all the finale does is change the meta of meltdown, but not any of the skills needed to be good.

1 Like

I’m terrified.

1 Like

Eh, I’ll give it a chance. If it sucks, they’ll revert it. If it’s better, then mission accomplished.

1 Like

You almost might like it too.

1 Like

If the community doesn’t, they said they still have the old one so they could bring it back. It isn’t permanent. And, apparently the entire team said Grant should add it. They said they absolutely loved it. Hopefully we have similar tastes :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I really hope all the meltdown fanboys on the PC won’t like it!

Beta is always running a meltdown pub-stomping team with competitve meltdown players like RedX since they all can vote for meltdown. So hopefully if all the meltdown lovers hate the new mode then they’ll breakup and play with people they like rather than stomping everyone just to play meltdown.

Also is it just me or does anyone else see Incursion vs Meltdown causing problems with this game? considering there are 2 competitive modes and most teams like playing one or the other when it comes to competitive matches especially. It’s almost as if the game was designed to be like those pick a side kind of things xD.

I’ll certainly give it a chance but personally, I don’t think the change was necessary. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?

I really like Meltdown because I like the two-lane gameplay. I know Incursion is really popular but whenever it comes up for vote, I almost always pick Meltdown. It rarely wins but for those of us who play AND like Meltdown, I am concerned these changes might drive more players away from the queue-even Meltdown fans like myself. Then PvP will really become Incursion 24/7.

However, I won’t know unless I play Meltdown: Finale. It’s not fair to knock something without first trying it.

2 Likes