Implications of TVHM

(Shuxley004416) #1

So I’ve recently finished my first playthrough with Axton the Commando. I completed most of the side quest, all of the Captain Scarlet DLC, and some of the Crawmerax and Tiny Tina DLC. I’ve started my first TVHM playthrough at level 36 and ,for lack of a better term, it. was. HELL. All of the enemies were around level 35 to start off and all my gear was level 30 or below; I died so many times; my only source of proper DPS until I reached Sanctuary was my Sabre Turret.

I browsed past forums on many sites and they’ve said that when you enter TVHM, the enemies start at level 30 but they scale with your own level but weapons levels don’t. So I’m afraid this’ll be a case were you have to plan ahead to be able to do whatever DLC you want to do before you hit level 30, and when you do. That’s it. If you level up any more then TVHM will be that much harder.

Am I overlooking something here, or is this the gist of it, and if so, what order would you suggest I do the DLC in.

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #2

The first missions in TVHM can be within a range of levels. See at the end of this post for some specific numbers:

You can get closer to levelled gear by running Hammerlock or Tiny Tina DLCs in normal, since these scale to a max of level 35 in that mode. Personally, I’d throw some keys in the Sanctuary Golden Chest, and then maybe farm the vendors in the maps that are around level 35-36. Once you have gear that’s closer to level, you’ll find progress much easier. (If you’re on XB1, I might have some spare stuff you can have.)

Your situation is why we generally recommend that folks don’t try and do all the DLCs before starting TVHM. And doubly why we suggest that you start UVHM (if you go that far) as soon as you’ve completely TVHM main story (around level 50).

2 Likes
(Mourning6lory) #3

I would be happy to help you out and get you some top shelf gear if you’d like.
PS4 - Mourning6lory

1 Like
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #4

To add to my further post, it’s possible to switch between NVHM and TVHM at any time (just hit “Select character” at the main menu to force the choice). This means you can continue running a DLC in normal while starting the story in true.

1 Like
(Shuxley004416) #5

Oh; ok, that’ll help my problem. I’ll play through the Tiny Tina DLC, get some of the special guns and other loot and HOPEFULLY they’ll help me through my TVHM play through somewhat. (My Axton is now level 41 and at the mission were you have to get Tiny Tina’s Badonkadonks.)

But if not, I’ve also got a level 17 Zer0 and a level 7 Salvador so I can transfer some loot to then via Claptraps Stash so if they end up being overleveled, i’ll at least have better gear for them to make it easier.

P.S-I’ll also try hitting up the Golden Chest in Sanctuary (I’ve got over 20 keys) but I haven’t gotten very good luck so far. First time, I got two purple grenade mods which i’ll probably never use. (First time killing Boll in TVHM and I got a Corrosive Fast Ball, lol) and two purple snipers which i’ll probably just keep in the bank until I get my Zer0 to TVHM.

P.S.S-Before posting about my problem, I tried to fight Tinder Snowflake but my gear made it nigh impossible. So while I’m back in a Normal play through, i’ll farm him a few times to get better loot for Zero0 and Salvador. Save myself the trouble.

P.S.S.S-Sorry; accidentally posted this response twice. Still new to the forums. Just trying to reply to VaultHunter101’s post but accidentally created an entirely new post.

1 Like
(Shuxley004416) #6

Oh; ok, that’ll help my problem. I’ll play through the Tiny Tina DLC, get some of the special guns and other loot and HOPEFULLY they’ll help me through my TVHM play through somewhat. (My Axton is now level 41 and at the mission were you have to get Tiny Tina’s Badonkadonks.)

But if not, I’ve also got a level 17 Zer0 and a level 7 Salvador so I can transfer some loot to then via Claptraps Stash so if they end up being overleveled, i’ll at least have better gear for them to make it easier.

P.S-I’ll also try hitting up the Golden Chest in Sanctuary (I’ve got over 20 keys) but I haven’t gotten very good luck so far. First time, I got two purple grenade mods which i’ll probably never use. (First time killing Boll in TVHM and I got a Corrosive Fast Ball, lol) and two purple snipers which i’ll probably just keep in the bank until I get my Zer0 to TVHM.

P.S.S-Before posting about my problem, I tried to fight Tinder Snowflake but my gear made it nigh impossible. So while I’m back in a Normal play through, i’ll farm him a few times to get better loot for Zero0 and Salvador. Save myself the trouble

1 Like
(The doc is in.) #7

np. Simply click on the “…” “show more” button at the bottom of your undesired post and you’ll get the option to delete it.

As for getting good on level gears late in TVHM… Yeah. That’s the dry part loot wise. Gotta be creative and make the most of what you find. Be patient. Don’t expect any miracle guns. Search of info…

One question. Which platform are you playing on? Never know when someone may feel like digging his/her mules.

(Shuxley004416) #8

QUICK UPDATE-I’m happy to say that my situation has gotten somewhat better. I went back to NVHM and played through the Torgue and Tiny Tina DLC and got myself some better loot. It’s all levels 35-40 but most of it is purple rarity.

P.S - First time killing the Hansome Sorcerer; got a shock element, Potential Conference Call with a Hyperion Barrel, Bandit Sights, Jakobs Grip, and Bandit Sights.

P.S.S - Killed a loot goon goliath today and got the Sentry Engineer Class Mod +5-Sentry/+4-Battlefront
-Turret lasts 20 seconds longer
-+10 rounds per burst
-+30% cool down rate
-+54% Gun, Melee, and Grenade damage when turret is active

2 Likes
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #9

Excellent finds! Sounds like you’ll be in good shape now.

1 Like