I thought I’d take the beta nature of multiplayer to heart and post some impressions. I’m coming from a primarily HW1 point of view. I had trouble getting into HW2 (though I liked certain features, it seemed buggy as I recall).
- It’s good to be playing Homeworld again. Thank you!
- A chat function in the lobby is needed. It helps the community develop.
- The list of games refreshes too quickly. It’s difficult to see what games are up because the list is rearranging itself so much.
- We had trouble finding particular games, even using the filter.
- We had a number of instances of getting stuck at “Downloading Content”. We were always playing maps that came with the game, so I’m not sure what content was being downloaded.
- We had instances where a player would get dropped.
- We were just enjoying getting to play again, so we really didn’t get around to balance issues.
- We really need to relearn how to control the game. I was never sure if I had support frigates supporting or minelayer corvettes dropping mines where I wanted them.
- The voice over guy - well, I prefer the lady’s voice from HW1. Also, getting a notification for each strike craft was distracting. I liked the notification when all were made better. Notifications for each capital ship is ok.
If I think of others, I’ll add some.
Again, thanks from bringing Homeworld back!