I don’t like the setup for competitive matchmaking in Battleborn for the past months before the end of 2017. I liked the old setup where there was no single map selection and it was a random map instead. That is what matchmaking should be. Don’t get me wrong, I love Incursion but I had moments where I wanted to complete my dailies for Meltdown and everyone keeps picking the same incursion map over and over again. That is so frustrating. When map selection wasn’t around, we had instant matches that popped then compared to the map selection system we had now. Whoever came up with this map selection idea and supported this are idiots (no offense).
I have a better idea. When a player selects matchmaking, a new window pops up that displays a list of icons that represent a game mode:
-The icon for incursion should represent a Wolf Sentries head.
-The icon for Meltdown should be a minion bot or the face of that meltdown dude that’s hovering over the scoreboard.
- The icon for Face-Off should represent a Varelsi’s head/Mask.
- The icon for Capture should represent either a flag or those objective platforms that are laid out on the maps.
- The icon for Supercharged should represent a Shepard minion bot.
Each icon will display details on what the game mode is and display the number of players that can play in those matches.
- Incursion will display 5 vs 5. (Description on game mode goes here)
- Meltdown will display 5 vs 5. (Description on game mode goes here)
- Face-Off will display 5 vs 5. (Description on game mode goes here)
- Capture will display 5 vs 5. (Description on game mode goes here)
- Supercharged will display 3 vs 3. (Description on game mode goes here)
Players can highlight which game modes they want to play in matchmaking. If they want to play Incursion, Meltdown, Face-Off, and Supercharged only, they can turn off Capture and then the matchmaking can start.
This will give players a chance to play maps that aren’t getting queue results like Supercharged and Face-off. And it gives them a better chance to complete their achievements for those game modes.
This setup that I’m explaining will work, unlike the map selection we have now for 5 vs 5.
To make it even better is adding bots for Face-Off and Supercharged. Those two maps need love right now and I loved to play those two maps in a private match.
If anybody got any ideas and want to support this topic, post them here. I know they can do better than this!