In defense of Bloody Harvest (sort-of)

Everyone seems to be complaining about the ghost mechanic but I’ve found that it adds to the chaotic fun with a good mobbing build or in multiplayer. On the other hand, I can absolutely see it being an issue while leveling, farming, or playing a build that relies on Cryo for mobbing. Adding an option to disable/re-enable the feature by talking to Maurice would fix most of that.

The challenges for the cosmetics aren’t that bad in theory, but they really should be track-able account wide rather than separately per character. Also, we should be able to collect ectoplasm every time we kill a ghost instead of just when Maurice gives us the objective.

As to the terror anointments clashing with the Twitch event, I’ve only seen them drop from the ghosts directly. So I’m not so sure that there even is a clash.
Edit: It has been brought to my attention that bosses have also been dropping gear with terror anointments. Therefore I must add that it needs to be changes so that the only enemies to drop them outside of Heck Hole map would be the ghosts.

The bank space issue for collectors IS a problem that is made worse by exclusive loot being tied to a timed event. It seems very important that the first storage increase mentioned in the roadmap be released well before Bloody Harvest is over.

Finally, I now more than ever hope the Bloody Harvest content eventually becomes permanent. I would actually miss the ghost mechanic and would love to see it stacked with any future difficulty increasing mechanics. (with the enable/disable choice mentioned above of course) At minimum I would hope for it to automatically come back each October via system clock, but would prefer to access it at any time. Maybe all seasonal events should be made permanent soon after Campaign DLC #4 is released.

1 Like

Have you tried farming any bosses? The adds don’t have ghosts, nor do any bosses, yet (RNG depending) you can get 25-65% terror anointments from the drops. It definitely does interfere, even if it can easily be overlooked via world drop rates.

As far as the permanency of the seasonal content, it would potentially interfere with future stuff so a need to turn it off and on would be a must. However, since mayhem modes are a bust with most expectations I’ve come across - maybe they’ll randomly be in mayhem 4 adding to the difficulty of maps that way. It’s certainly more like mayhem than the current modifier system is… And would encourage terror anointed builds past the holiday season.

2 Likes

Have you tried farming any bosses? The adds don’t have ghosts, nor do any bosses, yet (RNG depending) you can get 25-65% terror anointments from the drops. It definitely does interfere, even if it can easily be overlooked via world drop rates.

I’ve only been focusing on the event plus Slaughter Shaft since the event began. In that case it’s another thing that needs to be fixed. I’ll make an edit.

so a need to turn it off and on would be a must

agreed

1 Like

Sry, I have to heavily disagree! These ghost mechanics an especially terror is just aweful!

There is no fun in having a gun with a reticule over 30 % of your screen. This is especially painful for Lucian’s call. First the nerfed the gun so it is almost no fun anaymore, now you have this t4rded terror. If you now get a map with mayhem mods -36% accuracy and handling this game just feels like S!%&

Terror and -36% mod makes this game a pile of bullcrap…no fun at all

I really don’t get what nerbox is doing. Every tweak they are making or addition to the release build feels like garbage.

#notmyborderlands

Would you agree that giving players an option to disable/enable the feature at their own discretion would fix your problem though?

That’s the simple solution that I feel would satisfy both those of us that like the mechanic and those such as yourself that don’t.