In-game Menu Feedback

I’ve run into some…shall we call them glitches? Concerns? I’m not really sure what to call them, but they have to do with the in-game menu.

While playing split screen (would really like a vertical split screen option, but that’s a different topic altogether) when either of us opens the menu, the game begins to skip and drag really hard, and I think I know why.

There are a TON of unnecessary animations going on in what should be a bunch of pop up text and image windows. I don’t need to see what my action skills look like in menu, I see them when I’m blowing away bandits left, right, and center. I don’t need fade away windows for EVERY window.

All I’m there for, is to add skills, compare stats on gear, look at the map, and track quests and challenges–and do badass ranks when I unlock them.

I understand that part of the problem is my setup. I simply don’t have the cash to fork over $400+ every time a new upgraded system comes out.

However this isn’t the only game I’ve seen with a laggy, over encumbered menu. It’s a menu, it doesn’t have to be flashy, it just has to function. At the very least, you could add a “simpler menu” option for those of us who can’t afford the latest and greatest systems.

All that said, I really do love the game. I just wish I didn’t have to die so much when my wife opens her inventory to swap out a gun in the middle of combat…

1 Like

Amen to this… my wife and I are playing on Xbox One X (which we bought just to play Borderlands 3) and the menu lag is unbearable. We were both commenting just last night about how we missed the Borderlands 2 menu and can’t understand why they had to change anything about it really. Sure it had some annoyances, but it was relatively clean and smooth even on a console from a generation and a half ago. They could have literally slapped that bad boy right into this game, maybe spruced up some functions like being able to see your ammo count easier, and just let it ride.

Listen closely developers… really lean in on this one.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FLASHY BS IN THEIR MENUS!

Just give us something functional, non-intrusive and intuitive… leave all the flash and pizzazz for the gameplay and the cutscenes. Personally, I couldn’t give a toss if it was literally 100% text based and had zero aesthetics put into it at all.

I’M HERE TO PLAY YOUR GAME, NOT YOUR DAMNED MENU SCREENS!

2 Likes