In story/single-player mode, do you have AI's (the BB characters) as your allies who will fight WITH you against other AI enemies?

In story mode/single-player mode, do you have AI’s (the Battleborn characters) as your allies who will fight WITH you against other AI enemies?

Yes and No

Im story mode you only have players vs enemies and no AI battleborn bots on your team.

In your PVP modes you can do private with bots to fill out the teams.

1 Like

Certain story segments have an AI Battleborn but it generally doesn’t help you much, linear AI that shoots only when an enemy is near them kind of thing.

Further to @Derch’s reply: a side effect for story mode is that there is obviously no revive, so any death is insta-respawn until you run out of lives (same initial count of 5). That said, the number, health, and damage of enemy spawns scales with number of players, so it is still possible to solo story missions. Like other GBX games, though, the greatest fun is co-op!

Good points, although sometimes I like solo to really learn a character and play at my own speed to figure them out. It can be hard to learn your character strait into pvp or in a big group since so much is going on.

2 Likes

So agree, though practicing with bots in the PvP modes DOES help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnt know about using bots in the pvp mode until after beta, but I am looking forward to testing out some of the characters i didnt play as that way and getting a little more experience with the pvp maps to boot.

Thats another good way

Pfffft. Solo hardcore it is for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a party!