Incentives For Maxed CR/Characters Not To Leave / Surrender

Sounds like i have even less free time to play then you; but “time to play” is irrelevant anyways, because surrendering is a state of mind. Also, my post was a result of the title “Incentives for Maxed CR/characters to not leave/surrender”, and how level has any relevance with leaving or surrendering; my preference with surrendering is my own, and not what this topic is about. If you can explain how CR IS relevant to the surrender rate, i am still interested in knowing.

EDIT: Also, in the scenario you mentioned, i actually got INTO a match for once, and it sounds like it was a hard-fought one. I would LOVE that with my current matchmaking luck…

1 Like

@HandsomeCam

I guess to put it simply the point I was trying to make was if you know that if your selected character still needs experience, you may feel more incentive to stay in a match that you otherwise may feel like surrendering or quitting from for whatever reason.

Maybe I’m weak / give up too quickly / too easily frustrated or discouraged, but i know myself too well to fool myself into thinking I will neverwave matches I find frustrating / one sided, even if it’s only a very small percentage of the time that I do so.

But, but… Your title says MAXED CR/characters; to me that means people who are CR100, or have every character fully leveled. THAT’S why i was confused, because why would a CR100 be surrendering for any other reason than not wanting to lose (be it thier time or patience); which is a personality trait, and not something that’s really fixable, unless CR100’s got a CR increase or bonus credits.

I guess i owe @unciaa an apology, as he somehow saw through the title meaning the opposite, when i couldn’t. Sorry, @unciaa! I have forgotten the face of my father, and cry your pardon.

2 Likes

@HandsomeCam

Yes I was saying Gearbox needs to introduce more incentives (badass ranks, new, higher level caps, prestige, loot packs, SOMETHING), for people to feel more urge to play their maxed characters aside from the satisfaction of getting better wuth said characters.

Sorry for any confusion!

1 Like

Then i WAS right?! What is this thread, some kind of funhouse?!

My suggestion, as previously stated, is a CR increase or substantial bonus credit reward (more for a win), as MAXED CR players will continue to surrender/leave/not play for thier own prerogative otherwise… probably even IF the aforementioned methods were implemented.

@unciaa, just… just keep that apology, as i’m STILL not sure if you deserve it, and it may be needed later anyways. I’m off to confuse myself in other threads now!
-flys away Mary Poppins style-

1 Like

@HandsomeCam

This thread definitely became something of a mindfield!

1 Like

Yes, Ernest would approve.

1 Like

There’s also the other side, where it seems like a good back and forth, and then suddenly it tips HARD against your and exp wise it makes more sense to lose quickly then surrender, or end up winning and get even more exp. So when it seems like it’ll be a stomp and they push constantly, I don’t surrender. When it seems like a long and contentious battle I’ll end up losing, I immediately surrender

2 Likes

since I’m 100 and the guys I stick to now are way past experience, i’ld rather just end it.

2 Likes

This is what a surrender is for. When the fight is impossible to win, but a loss will not be quick…

3 Likes

I can’t like you (due to liking 50 things already) but I concur

2 Likes

@epicender584

Hey, be nice.

We’re all friends here…

1 Like

Oh gosh I meant that I’m out of likes for the day

1 Like

I’m not; here. LIKES FOR EVERYONE!!

2 Likes

@epicender584

Wow funny gow language can steadily be misconstrued…

@HandsomeCam

Hear, here.

Oh, now you think my language is funny?!

1 Like

@HandsomeCam

6 Likes

If only i could give this multiple likes…

2 Likes

Mr owl, how many likes does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a battleborn thread?

4 Likes

why is there a “like” limit?