Inconsistent minion de-spawn after boss death

I’m confused about the minion de-spawn logic in BL3.

Sometimes, like with Gigamind, the minions de-spawn right after Giga dies.
Sometimes, like with ScrapTrap Prime, the minions live on and must be dealt with.
Has anyone found a particular reason for each behavior?
–RoA

I wouldn’t put too much thought into it. Like many things in BL3 it’s quite arbitrary.

1 Like

What’s real weird is when a de-spawn boss’s minions don’t de-spawn

Gigaminds add’s doesn’t despawn he kills them as his last dying move. Same as some other bosses like Agonizer.

Huh. That makes sense, I guess I just haven’t noticed that.
–RoA

I just ran through the DLC and have only seen this on Scraptrap Prime. It does not bother me though, that fight was made for dual corrosive railgun Iron Bear and those minions are worth great XP :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, sometimes when their taking cover giga’s attack misses them

1 Like

If the bosses or mini bosses are frozen or their model is stuck slightly in ground, they will not kill the minions either. You will notice too that no loot or only some loot will shoot up.

1 Like

Also, ive found 99% of the time they die if you head directly to the chest door during gigas death sequence (been farming for a new com most of the week) loots not going anywhere, no rat thieves here :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean the maliwan red chest off to the left? What the heck is up with that chest, I only find it active 17% of the time (I tracked 50 runs) after you kill Gig. Irritating.
–RoA

I think Scraptrap Prime’s minions not despawning may be a bug. When I farmed them, the minions sometimes despawned, but sometimes they didn’t, however whenever they didn’t Scraptrap Prime’s body is still on the map as a red dot, and my pet as Fl4k would still be attacking the dead body.

1 Like

Interesting. I did notice that the red skull lasted way too long, good confirmation that it’s not just me.
–RoA

Not active as in no loot? Not openable?.. rarely anything useful in it but i did find a lump, and a cerberus, random legos in the scrapped bots around the area too

Not openable. Grey top instead of red. Nothing inside. Can’t be opened.
Which is weird. This was TVHM/M2.
–RoA

Wierd, i havnt had this happen even one time, and i must have done this farm over 200 times; although on tvhm m4; still a 30 seccond farm

• pop IB, strip shield with kybs, toss 2-6 grenades: head for door

Just killed Mouthpiece with my current TVHM Siren and his minion tinks also did not de-spawn when Mouthpiece died. Just interestingly erratic.

If I did that then I wouldn’t be on the forums at all. The whole point is to be obsessive about trivial details that no-one else cares about :slight_smile: :wink:
–RoA

1 Like

It seems to me that the rule is : minions disappear, sometime it is bugged especially in the case of scraptrap. I am under the impression that the bug is triggered if you kill a scraptrap just right after you kill Scrap Prime, so when I farm him I stop firing immdiately when I kill him.

1 Like