Incursion is dead on PC so my friends won't play QQ

Since day 1 of the F2P implementation the draft mode has been dead on PC. Also the devs made quick match so you can’t vote and it’s mostly Face-Off/Capture where we pubstomp noobs, and half the time when it isn’t, then it’s stupid Meltdown and the meltdown fanboys pub-stomp us while we fall asleep.

While back before in QM there were more fair matches because we could vote Incursion with the occasional other mode to keep things fresh, as Incursion is what most of the PvP players come for and most characters are viable in it rather than Face-Off/Capture where noobs not choosing CC characters like WT and Orendi means they already lost at the character select screen. Also when there are close matches among vets Face-Off/Capture usually is CC death ball games instead of Incursion (and for some Meltdown :confused: ) which has some interesting strategy to it.

Being forced to play dumped down modes really turns my friends and I off from playing this game and many have already returned back to consoles or quit the game entirely.

4 Likes

I play quick match, and I would just say its more balanced in what game modes you play, instead of 80% incursion 20% every other game mode, its more spread out and incursion just isnt fun for some people, so they get a higher chance of playing what they want.

1 Like

Hopefully qm will be changed back so you can vote on the mode again. In the meantime if you aren’t having fun play something else until the que changes.

1 Like

Yeah I would think it’s 25% Incursion but idk it could be skewed to favor Face-Off/Capture,

but the point is that the PC player-base CAN’T pick the main/in-depth mode(s) that has made most of the PvP players fall in love with this game so not allowing people to play the main modes of Battleborn most of the time will cause a lot of players to quit

Think of it like if CS:GO forced players to play TDM/FFA and only play Search and Destroy 25% of the time, the population playing would plummet rapidly

I sure like it as it is, it feels more fluent. The random games really suit battleborn, I was able to play four games before college this morning and before I would be lucky if I could play one.

On the other hand I understand why people would find it frustrating to not get a say in what they get to play.

1 Like

You and your friends are free to scrim us on Incursion anytime you want since we would prefer not being in public queues anyway.

1 Like

I’m fine with draft for the most part but quick match really needs to give us random maps and modes. I don’t like playing face-off and capture 10 times in a row.

1 Like

Same problem here. 90% of the matches are against players who don’t know their characters so that’s boring anyway, regardless of the mode. Out of the other 10% which are actually close matches, 9% are being held on Face-Off, Capture or Meltdown, where it instantly turns into a Deathmatch, especially the former two. The main reason why I’ve always preferred Incursion is because it’s less deathmatch-y. If I wanted to play TDM I would not be playing Battleborn. This is really frustrating and it also keeps me and many other friends away from playing PvP. Now, some of you might say I should play privates, which I would but it’s no fun in playing against the same old 20 people day in day out, as much as I like them, I know their moves by heart and I would like to face a different challenge in form of new players/players that have come back.

1 Like

Another thing a few of us were just talking about the other night. That Tuesday we played together we hit Incursion what? 1 time. It was non-stop face-off and capture. The alternative is going back to 10 mans but playing with and against the same people all the time is boring as hell. At least I find it to be.
Where is the solo/duo queue?
Why was the voting removed?
Why are private matches for freemium versions of the game locked out where that is THE most logical place to try and teach new players how to play the game?
Where is the advertising to let players know this game is free to try out right now? A twitch stream and youtube video aren’t going to draw people in. Should have been the first thing people saw this weekend when they logged into Steam.

Because of this, the numbers are falling back down after less than a week. There is ZERO reason why the PC players online shouldn’t have hit at minimum 2000 and peaking closer to 3000 this past weekend.

Where is the logic to these changes?

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t play BB even with a slightly larger playerbase on PC. It’s just not fun. Feels off, doesn’t feel the same it was back in September/October. I’m really playing with that Uninstall button recently, but something still keeps me from finally pressing it. I guess, hope dies last.

2 Likes

+1 @THaNaToS_J2

To add onto this, 10 mans look nice as I can play Incursion all the time but…

• they won’t really help a majority of the new F2P population and also vets who hate 10 mans that are in the queues
  • there is a big divide among the different groups for 10 man rules especially since the winter update among legendaries, Beatrix… even if you don’t include the Meltdown Vs. Incursion conflict

I also agree with Than about duo queues. At least for PC with the low player-base I feel it would be better to just have duo queue with mode voting to mix the new F2P population with the vets and so vets can queue up with new players to help them.

1 Like

yes, bring back picking maps or replace bots or draft with a incursion q. ■■■■ capture

2 Likes

I know how that feels i have 500+ hrs invested in this game and the majority are in incursion ever since the new draft was first introduced there’s nothing keeping me from uninstalling this game for a second time. Now i’m basically waiting at least a month to see if incursion que comes back before uninstalling this game again.