Incursion maps options

I know Incursion is probably the most popular, especially for full teams who have played for longer, but there’s something that has been bugging me. Out of all the maps to choose from, 90% of the time everyone votes for Overgrowth. It’s driving me crazy to play that map repeatedly. Could there maybe be a discussion about having a day when Overgrowth is cut out as an option for Incursion?

2 Likes

I’m going to predict a lot of hate towards this thread. Brace yourself.

2 Likes

If echelon was overhauled it might work.

1 Like

Echelon would be amazing if it wasn’t so easy to cheese both the sentries. Easily would become my favorite map besides Outskirts.

5 Likes

Same here. I think echelon has the potential to be a great stage.

The think the stage should be inverted for the most part. Uphill should be downhill and visa versa.

6 Likes

That could work. You wouldn’t be able to shoot the sentry from a safe point, having to actually dive to get to it. Echelon would be the ideal map for melee, Monuments for ranged, Overgrowth for a mix. As an almost exclusive melee player except I approve of this idea.

4 Likes

Not to derail the topic too severely, but this is more or less why I never play Solo/Duo queue as well. It’s virtually guaranteed to be Incursion which is a game mode I otherwise don’t like too much comparatively to others all-in-all.

I like this though. Despite the easy cheesing on Echelon, I still very much like it. Overgrowth is my least favourite map for Incursion, so I typically only ever touch Incursion when I’m with others partially because they want to do it and partially because we stand a chance of doing Monuments and even Echelon more frequently.

4 Likes

So just a interesting tid bit from the PC side. Monuments is the favored map over overgrowth in public and private matches. Everyone still hate echelon though.

2 Likes

I can see that for public games.

1 Like

Yeah that kinda needs to be done, so far it’s far to easy for ranged characters to control the whole map and take down the sentry with little risk. I understand that they are ranged characters, but we already had Overgrowth fixed because it was easy to shred the sentry with little risk.

I then scroll down and see Blaine got here before me.

Can in become out? I think that would be amazing and force people to be pascifist. Because instead of shooting an enemy you end up shooting yourself. I’m also not joking or making fun of you here, this would actually make me want to play on Echelon if they did this. I would die laughing when someone kills themselves because they wanted to attack me.

2 Likes

Would Miko kill his teammates? I would troll so hard if they did that.

2 Likes

You, sir, are evil. Awesome, but evil.

2 Likes

This is just my opinion, and pretty much all but one of my friends agrees. Monuments and echelon play very much so like meltdown or some other team death match mode. While we are all good players individually, that sort of thing just does not have the depth of strategy that satisfies us like a good team game that involved a lot timing and coordination.

We only really experience this on overgrowth. Echelon has potential, but monuments is WAY slighted in favor of stealth and benedict in general. There is almost constant backdooring, constant sneaking around trying to flank, team death match type of stuff. We just want to play other good players straight up. If you push us back, you win. If we push you back, we win. Not, we push you back, you cant push back so you go around.

Echelon is a terrible map. It’s a very easy map to cheese on. Just play a braindead Ernest and you’ll lockdown the lane for probably the entire match.

you can cheese the second sentry entirely from nowhere near it. Literally the exact same thing as the old marquis cheese on overgrowth

2 Likes

I fail to see how Monuments and Echelon plays like Meltdown, let alone as a form of a team deathmatch. Or at least in contrast to Overgrowth.

Barring the cheesing on Echelon, I typically consider them, especially Monuments, to require more strategic play, map knowledge and awareness of the enemy movements. They, once again, especially Monuments, adds more dynamics and makes the fights more complex so you need to stay on your toes more. Overgrowth really easily stagnates comparatively to the others.

A while back I was thinking about doing a thread regarding map manipulation for certain characters on certain maps as that’s often overlooked and did a few clips to go along with it.

The reason why such map manipulation for flanks is better than other maps for instance is because those places are accessible to non-agile characters. Paradise is more problematic in that sense as a lot of ledges are inaccessible to many other characters.

6 Likes

I’m not the only one who hates Thorn’s floppy noodle arm am I?

2 Likes

Dude…that is insane! I had no idea most of those characters could do that. That’s bad***.

1 Like

LOL why does she wave it like that when she runs?! It’s so awkward!