Incursion world premiere

Check it out! Also stealth shampoo said he’s got more secrets to reveal today so keep an eye out (and fingers crossed for a beta announcement)

5 Likes

This. Is. AWESOME.
I really like this mode so far, judging on several videos.
Can’t wait to play Caldarius on this mode.

1 Like

There’s also numerous preview articles appearing on gaming news websites. The general previews have been positive and most mention they previewed the campaign as well but can’t talk about it yet

Edit: I also saw a site that said 7 starter characters and 18 unlockable

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! As a long-time HotS player, I can tell I am gonna excel at this mode. Grabs mercs, push objective.

There’s such things as long times hots players?
The more you know*

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how team composition incursion vs. meltdown vs. capture works out. These gamemodes all seem pretty distinct, looking forward to the open beta even more now…

1 Like

and the winner is…
dude, pitchford’s latest trick silences blizzard buzz
go gearbox
so stoked for incursion mode

Seriously, they got a lot of positive press from their event.

I guess it’s long time relative to how long the game has been out. Played in alpha and beta.

No kidding. For Incursion and Meltdown, you want more AOE abilities to clear minion waves. For Capture, you want more area control. Incursion maps also seem much longer than Meltdown maps, so getting in and out of combat quickly is going to be key. You have to rethink your gear, your character, and your helix skills completely for each of the 3 game modes.

Unlike games like CoD where one loadout can carry you through TDM, Domination, and CTF.

1 Like

I need to play more HotS tbh, but dragging myself from LoL has been the only reason why I only have 4-5 hours on HotS.

You guys, Incursion is SO fun. Probably my favorite mode right now. Really excited that we can finally talk about this!

5 Likes

I really like the looks of this mode. It seems more refined than the other two modes.
This or Meltdown will be where I sharpen my skills and spend my time.

1 Like

[quote=“CaballoGallo, post:11, topic:1283996, full:true”]
I need to play more HotS tbh, but dragging myself from LoL has been the only reason why I only have 4-5 hours on HotS.
[/quote] If you ever want to party up with a support player, find me. I’m reincarN8ed on BNet too.

[quote=“JoeKGBX, post:12, topic:1283996, full:true”]
You guys, Incursion is SO fun. Probably my favorite mode right now. Really excited that we can finally talk about this!
[/quote] I can only imagine how long you’ve been sitting on this info and just DYING to tell someone about it.

1 Like

Not all though: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/10/battleborn-incursion/

Also, i find the end of the map a bit underwhelming. It’s just “Boom sentry explode, end”. A small cinematic (With a big explosion, of course) or something would be nice. (If it’s not already considered)
Else, i’ll have to try it myself. Not sure how a single lane will go.

What happened to the epic OST in the game background? :frowning:

Mine have been crossed so long they’re starting to cramp.

That’s very interesting, they said they only played one match of incursion. Other people were saying they did marathon sessions. Wonder why

All I can give you is my opinion of course, but as I said above, I LOVE Incursion mode! As a matter of fact, Overgrowth is my favorite map to play it on. Most of the primary minion traffic happens in the one lane, but make no mistake, the map(s) are really well designed – back ways to objectives/good flanking opportunities, great verticality, etc. The best is when the lane gets a little clogged and both teams just have to fight it out – very intense.

Flanking Marquis to the first sentry and then piling on the damage is just delicious.

I know I’m a little biased, but I genuinely have a great time playing it and again, I’m so happy you guys can all finally see it!

1 Like

are rabbits in overgrowth ?!