Indo Tyrant spawn location?

I had a kill mission for this rare boss. It wasn’t showing up on the map because I had only just gotten access to Eden 6 in TVHM. So I just proceeded with story to unlock more of the map. However, when I got to where you talk to Wainwright at Knotty Peak…the Indo Tyrant is sitting basically on the porch where you first meet Hammerlock. Considering how big this boss is…it just doesn’t look like where it’s supposed to be…not to mention there is no room to even fight him there. Is this correct? I haven’t killed/seen this boss before.

edit added pic for clarity.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is bugged. After dying initially because I got stuck and couldn’t move (stupid enemy collision system really pisses me off) he just stands there and let me kill him without attacking.

2 Likes

Every time I’ve seen it, it’s been kinda southeast of the Typhon Cache… within spitting distance of the entrance to the Family Jewel map (whatever it’s called).

1 Like

He’s kinda not supposed to be there, yes. The thing is, after he spawns in he starts roaming around the map so I guess he somehow ended up there.
Normally, his spawn location is near the map exit to the voracious canopy. In fact, if you ever want to farm him, fast travel to the voracious canopy, use the map exit to go back to the Floodmoore Basin. Then just proceed ahead until you trigger the respawn station and the Catch-A-Ride. Indotyrant normally spawns in when you head left from that (he actually jumps into the map from the hill on the left). He can drop the Woodblocker (a bad sniper), the Gunerang (a bad pistol) and the Unforgiven (a pistol that’s pretty good unless you are playing on Mayhem 4).

1 Like

that is definitely not where Indo Tyrant spawns, he’s supposed to be more toward the map transition to the voracious canopy. usually run across him during the Get Quick Slick side mission, he’s more toward… the lowest elevation, not the…highest…

He is usually splashing around in the swamp near the outrunner jumps. Not sure why he is there of all places in your pic.

1 Like

Found IndoTyrant. I was finishing my first meet with Wainwright and I turn around to find him stuck in the side of Wainwright’s house. So I started shooting. He dropped a couple of blues and a legendary Woodblocker all at L24. I am currently at L19. That was weird!

4 Likes

lol. This looks familiar…

2 Likes

We need more of that in this game.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he was just on patrol (I will die on Mondegreen Hill) minding his business, listenin’ to Buck Owens…

Same thing happened to me.
I had just finished off the COV, in front of Knotty Peak. W Jacobs was on the front porch for our first meeting. Then the indo tyrant slides through the stones of the porch on the right hand side under the arch and ivy.
I then dispatched him. And received a couple greens and a blue. Fun bug to watch though. Of course Jacobs just stood there!

I’ve had this happen to me since I responded to the thread. I also noticed the Jurassic Park 3 reference for the first time - the big dino is accompanied by the sound of a phone ringing.