Initial thoughts (colour coding)

(Canon) #1

I don’t have a whole lot of playtime, and I think a lot of people already addressed good thoughts about things like weapon handling and feel of play, so I wanted to talk a little bit about the visuals and colour palettes of the maps.

The game’s very fun and I actually find it pretty relaxing, though I’m personally finding it very hard to navigate in maps due to the amount of detailing in the visuals. Don’t get me wrong, it looks super pretty, but at points I feel like theres almost too much detail in the same range of colours that identifying things like health orbs/jump pads or even the enemy player becomes a bit of a challenge. I’m not sure if that’s intentional because the maps are so small? I’d say an easy fix for at least the health orb/jump pad stuff is to simply change their colour to something much more dramatic, so they are very easily noticeable.

Within both maps there are a lot of warm colours (reds, yellows) used, so having health orbs also be a yellowish hue can make them very hard to notice. Maybe making them a more saturated green or blue would work? For jump pads, moreso in Quagmire, the glow of the mushrooms in the area is similar to the jump pad glow, and can get confusing as well. I think making the jump pads a stronger, more saturated colour would help out.

Not sure if other people were finding this sort of issue or not in their games, but that was the main thing that jumped out at me.

Otherwise the game plays very smoothly and easily, I really enjoy the emote wheel and sfx for that (super cute), and i’m having a very chill-but-fun time!

1 Like